Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA 2014 Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,100 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Marshall up by ten now, loved the kickoff return by Reaves to tie it up early. Thundering Herd starting to dominate now I think.

Halftime and Marshall up by eleven, should be more, I feel they left some points out there but its going well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Bateman wrote: »
    The 12 for BYU got popped himself a minute before that, a few of those lads will have proper big shiners today and to be honest they'll probably be punished so hard it'll detract from the game obviously. The game itself was fantastic though. The OT rules are great fun.

Popped is putting it mildly! :eek:

The aftermath:

number12-480x638.jpg

TD Marshall to make it 31-13. Very impressive performance so far on both sides of the ball.

45-23 to Marshall now with about 9 minutes left in the fourth. Great performance from them and it should get them more respect in the rankings next season. Cato has been superb the whole game, he has some amount of records.

• Advertisement

52-23 now, getting out of hand. Cato with his second rushing td.

eagle eye wrote: »
    45-23 to Marshall now with about 9 minutes left in the fourth. Great performance from them and it should get them more respect in the rankings next season. Cato has been superb the whole game, he has some amount of records.

That's the thing though. Cato is gone next year, as is Tommy Shuler. Whether Devon Johnson declares or not remains to be seen (huge fan of his, my favourite back in college football this season) but without Cato and to a lesser extent Shuler, they will not be ranked next year.

350 Passing Yards, 5 Passing TDs and 1 Rushing TD for Brandon Doughty today. It's just coming up to half time now...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

350 Passing Yards, 5 Passing TDs and 1 Rushing TD for Brandon Doughty today. It's just coming up to half time now...!

What an unbelievable finish! I hope you didn't turn it off at half time! Cal Bears sort of comeback that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭murtyd17

that was unreal. risky going for the 2 point conversion at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

And then they go for 2!!?? They just scored 34 points in the fourth quarter, surely the momentum would have been with them for OT!!

One of the best almost comebacks I've ever seen. And even though it didn't work, I love the 2 pt attempt. A bit like Boise State vs Oklahama back in the Fiesta Bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

That was some finish, I thought I was dead and buried as I had CMU on the handicap, didn't bother me in the slightest that they stupidly went for 2 at the end. :D

2 underdogs tonight, Illinois and Rutgers. Under 48.5 in the UCF game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Just came in from a night out and looks like BC and Penn State are going to OT in the Pinstripe Bowl.

BC score a TD on the first possession but miss the extra point. Penn State reply with a TD and now just need the PAT to win this...and it's good.

Penn State wins it.

Pinstripe Bowl was really good. Hackenberg looked really good and made some great throws into tight windows. Would be shocked if he didn't start next year as the consensus projected #1 draft pick. Great game.

Nebraska just taken a 10-7 lead over USC in the Holiday Bowl. Here's hoping it's another good game and that we can come out on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,792 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm happy for the penn state seniors who could have gone their college career without a bowl appearence and also a win for something none of them had anything to do with.

Pinstripe Bowl was really good. Hackenburg looked really good and made some great throws into tight windows. Would be shocked if he didn't start next year as the consensus projected #1 draft pick. Great game.

Nebraska just taken a 10-7 lead over USC in the Holiday Bowl. Here's hoping it's another good game and that we can come out on top.

Nope called back. Forward pass.

Reply showed it wasn't forward but no matter, Kenny Bell makes a great catch for a 'husker TD.

This is gonna be a very high scoring game by the looks of things.

• Advertisement

Lol, Mike Riley says I wish Amir was coming back.

Bet he does!

Adoree Jackson is a special, special talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

One of Jim Harbaugh's closest friends has said he's off to Michigan:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/12/27/report-harbaugh-to-sign-with-michigan/20948481/

Paully D wrote: »
    One of Jim Harbaugh's closest friends has said he's off to Michigan:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/12/27/report-harbaugh-to-sign-with-michigan/20948481/
    Also germany invaded poland. Worst kept secret in the NFL in a while.

Texas Aggies finally got the better of WVU tonight. The Mountaineers QB Howard showed a really dislikeable attitude early on when they were ahead. Not over yet, WVU just got a td but they will need another one and a 2 point conversion to tie it up with 2.40 left.

Game over, Aggies won it.

Clemson off to a great start up 17-0 against the Sooners.

Sooners taking a hammering, down 27 - 0 with 3 minutes to halftime and looking completely disinterested in this game.

Clemson having everthing go their way.

Good stop there from the Sooners, hard to see a comeback here but that's a good start for them anyway.

I'd love to be able to stay up for the late game. Texas have been improving all season and Arkansas have been very tough. I fancy Texas for the upset in that in that one but unfortunately I have to work at 7.30am so I'm not gonna see any of that.

• Advertisement

Well I got that Arkansas vs Texas game all wrong. Razorbacks thumped the Longhorns.

Advertisement