Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA 2014 Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Another ridiculous bowl comeback, this time by Houston!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Iowa are going to need some of that comeback magic. Already 28 - 0 down to Tennessee with 5min to go in the 2nd quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,122 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The final score didn't reflect how dominant Tennessee were in that game. They gave up two soft touchdowns at the end of the game.

Bruins look up for the Alamo bowl against K State. 3 and out after scoring a TD on the first drive.

Only three points there but Kansas need a td on this drive I feel if they are going to win this one. It looked all too easy getting down the field there for the Bruins. Good work to stop them inside the 20 for the field goal though.

• Advertisement

Brett Hundley showing off early in the game, love watching the guy play.

I hate work at the weekends. I have to work in the morning but I'm going to just wait and see if the Wildcats can score on this drive. Waters is looking good this time after a rough start.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I hate work at the weekends. I have to work in the morning but I'm going to just wait and see if the Wildcats can score on this drive. Waters is looking good this time after a rough start.

Lol, feel your pain, man☺

K State are making a game of this!

Tyler Lockett really needed to make that catch!

It may be called back but the wheels on Tyler Lockett!

• Advertisement

All over at halftime. 31- 6 to UCLA. Two turnovers resulting in TDs have killed Kansas State. They are struggling to handle the speed of the Bruins on both sides of the ball.

Just checked the result and that game finished up 40-35 to UCLA. The Wildcats threw it away in the first half but clearly had an excellent second half. Perkins had a great game with 20 rushes for 194 yards and 2 tds. K State couldn't get anyting going on the ground which ultimately cost them the game.

All defense by both teams for most of the second half of this game between Florida and East Carolina.

Gators ahead by eight but the Pirates are in the red zone with 1.40 left.

Vernon Hargreaves with the interception in the end zone and that should win it for the Gators.

Yeah Gators just held on, lot of work for Jim McElwain to get them back in the big time based on what happened there.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 linksrookie

polaris68 wrote: »
    Everett Golson looking to transfer as predicted:

Also read that he won't be eligible to transfer until May (presuming he passes his classes) - meaning he'd be missing spring practice and learning a new playbook in record time. Would be a bad move, in my opinion.

Also read that he won't be eligible to transfer until May (presuming he passes his classes) - meaning he'd be missing spring practice and learning a new playbook in record time. Would be a bad move, in my opinion.
    Well its clear that Malik Zaire will be the starter moving forward. Golson wants to be a starter and the only way it happens for him is to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 linksrookie

Well its clear that Malik Zaire will be the starter moving forward. Golson wants to be a starter and the only way it happens for him is to move.

I don't think that is as clear as you think - Golson is still a very good QB and definitely has the ability to start next year for ND. Of course he could transfer to a third tier school and start straight away, but I'm not sure that would be better than getting the starting gig at ND. I don't think it would be easier to move to the SEC and start immediately despite missing spring practice.

I reckon stay and fight for QB1 at ND is a better option for a than both a) moving to a top school and becoming starter in 2 months, or b) moving to a third tier team and starting.

I suppose it's down to how much of a chance you think he has of starting next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

After Devon Allen went down with an injury against Florida State, Darren Carrington became their number one receiver. He thought he'd celebrate by doing a little weed. Now he's suspended for the National Championship.

Not enough facepalm gifs in the world.

• Advertisement

It's impossible to fathom out the stupidity of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

It's impossible to fathom out the stupidity of that.

Get outta here with your middle class whitey cracker judgements. .
    NCAA- National Communist Against Athleets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭nerd69

Get outta here with your middle class whitey cracker judgements. .
    NCAA- National Communist Against Athleets.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

And like that, the season draws to a close. Great year all round, and I think this is a great way to wrap it up :D

The one thought I have at the season's end is that Amari Cooper is going to be a star in the NFL. He just has that something about him that will make him a great receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭boccy23

I am a bit stunned after last night. I know that DOSU were playing well at the end of the season, but disagreed with TCU being left out.

The whole thing now vindicates the committee and the playoff in general. Fear is now that with 4 being this successful, they will try and push for 8.

boccy23 wrote: »
    I am a bit stunned after last night. I know that DOSU were playing well at the end of the season, but disagreed with TCU being left out.

The whole thing now vindicates the committee and the playoff in general. Fear is now that with 4 being this successful, they will try and push for 8.

Power 5 conferences into 4 playoff spots...........................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

boccy23 wrote: »

The selection committee really had no choice.....when ohio state had been in the top 4 when their 2nd QB went down.....even after a win, the selection committee dropped them to 5th, based purely on them having to finish the season with their 3rd string QB......they turned around an demolished wisconsin 59-0 in their next game, and after that, the selection committee had no excuse to leave them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

You’d still wonder if the best team won it, or the best-coached team. Don’t get me wrong, they have some players, but it’s hard to underestimate the scale of the job Meyer has done there. I can’t get my head around it, taking a step back and looking at the body of work over the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭nerd69

ah to be fair i dont think anyone believes that team wins with another coach

Advertisement