Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCAA 2014 Season Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

This is pretty unbelievable, and I'm almost certain that if the last 4 week's results aren't what costs Brady Hoke his job, this will.

Summary - Shane Morris (Michigan QB) takes an awkward fall and hurts his leg. Clearly struggling, can't throw properly, but stays in the game. Then takes a huge (illegal) hit in the head and hits the ground hard and get's what is almost certainly a concussion. Gets up, nearly falls over if not for his team mates helping him stand. Brady Hoke leaves him in the game for the next play. He just doesn't look right at all. After that play, he's taken out and Devin Gardner goes in. But a few plays later, Gardner loses his helmet so has to sit out the next play as is the rule. Hoke sends Morris back in again despite him struggling to even stand, and despite the 3rd string QB being ready to run on. All this a week after Hoke had said:

“We’re not going to talk about injuries and I might as well bring that out now. And some of that is because you can say something about something and then you’re wrong. Everybody heals a little differently, and the other thing is for our kids. I want to make sure we’re doing a good job protecting them.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,028 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Golson is now very close to the FBS record for consecutive completions in a single game. Another td there and its now 28-9. Go Irish, hope Golson gets the record here.

Golson falls one shy of the record and it was a simple pass too, just slightly outside the receivers hands.

This weekends alternative summary:

TCU safety that was luckily/unfortunately (depending how you look at it) called back for offside. Bad snap, QB chases the ball, tries to desperation fling it away and throws it into the crossbar.

https://vine.co/v/OZX7q2wBzrX

Ohio State strength coach and former linebacker Anthony Schlegel vs pitch invader.

BylEBHhIgAAtkwG.jpg

Arkansas player is watching himself on screen, sees himself get hit in the face with a thrown away ball.

1411849570390.gif

Penn State blocking Penn State

c0MAezQl.jpg?1

2014-September-27-15-12-3.jpg

The Gurdle

Oh3W9OG.gif

Manziel-esque

SafeGregariousChinesecrocodilelizard.gif

One more that needs to be posted.

Denzel Perryman drops an interception, and so does his 10 push ups as punishment. Referees decided that's worth a 15 yard penalty. No problem, the punishment clearly worked as he gets his interception a couple of plays later.

• Advertisement

Matthew McConaughey drops by to give the Longhorns a pep talk. Such a damn likeably guy, and a great little speech too. They'll need it against Baylor at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Heading to Michigan State v Nebraska at the weekend. Should be a good one but expect Spartans to take it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

101 yard interception touchdown for fiu:cool:

Just woke up for work and seen that Oregon are down a touchdown to Arizona with a couple of minutes left. Think I might be a bit late this morning! :pac:

Here's your Heisman moment Mariota...

Fumble!

Oregon's annual collapse has come a few weeks early this year. #2 goes down.

Commentators blaming the offensive line but that one is on Mariota.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Fumble!

Oregon's annual collapse has come a few weeks early this year. #2 goes down.

Commentators blaming the offensive line but that one is on Mariota.

That's a massive loss for them (stating the obvious) and for Mariotta.

Some great games this week. The ones I'm really looking forward to for a variety of reasons are:

Texas A&M @ Miss State
    Bama @ Ole Miss
    Oklahoma @ TCU
    Stanford @ Notre Dame

A massive week for the state of Mississippi. Be some win for them if they could overturn Bama but I think the Crimson Tide will be a little bit too strong for them.

I fancy Stanford to burst Notre Dame's bubble a bit On Saturday too. Both defences are ranked in the top 4 nationally with Stanford at number 1. Gholston was sloppy last week and will need a big one this week. Likewise Hogan. Should be a tight one but I'm going for a close Stanford win.

Oklahoma should win too but that's just the sort of game that they have been losing the past few years. Not sure about the Aggies as they looked shaky last week against Arkansas. With LSU and Auburn in the late games, and Baylor vs Texas too, should be a good weekend of it.

BzAT68WCYAARNZ7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

The big question now is whether the Ducks are overrated, Wildcats seriously underrated or somewhere in between.

Arizona were not ranked despite a 4-0 start before last night. I think they should be knocking on the door of the top 10 after that performance.

Before last night they had beaten Cal and Nevada who have both won their other three games.

eagle eye wrote: »
    The big question now is whether the Ducks are overrated, Wildcats seriously underrated or somewhere in between.

Arizona were not ranked despite a 4-0 start before last night. I think they should be knocking on the door of the top 10 after that performance.

Before last night they had beaten Cal and Nevada who have both won their other three games.

Somewhere in between, I imagine. I wouldn't place much stock in beating Cal and Nevada. They're decent at best, and the teams they've beaten are less than decent. But to win in Autzen is always a considerable achievement. As things stand, they'd be looking to get into the top 10 but considering the games this weekend, you'd imagine a couple of top 10 teams could be going down which bodes well for Arizona.

Funny thing is, after the beat Michigan State I finally thought Oregon were legit. Year after they year they fall to the tough, stern defences after loads of momentum against pretty garbage teams - and this year they finally topped one of those D's.

Tell you what though, exciting times to be an Arizona fan. Anu Solomon looks to be the next big thing at QB and he's only a redshirt freshman. Nick Wilson at RB looks amazing, and he's a true freshman. Cayleb Jones is back next year too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Alabama @ Ole Miss and LSU @ Auburn tonight.

Mississippi State's D-line is frightening. They're dominating A&M. Up 21-7 at the moment and just forced an interception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭polaris68

Fumble - tamu get the ball back but Hill then throws an INT!

Richie Brown picks off Mr. Thrill again!

28 - 7 now. Texas A&M in a bit of a hole.

• Advertisement

Miss State dominating both sides of the ball! Up 41 - 17.

Richie Brown picks off Mr. Thrill again!

And there's the hat-trick!

Texas A&M are going to get 50 hung on them here.

Will Muschamp after beating Tennessee in Tennessee:

https://vine.co/v/OKWr9HUvhaa

Didn't think I'd end up choosing Oklahoma @ TCU over Alabama @ Ole Miss and Stanford @ Notre Dame, but Gus Johnson has decided this one for me. Even if it sucks, he'll make it amazing.

14-0 TCU, we have an upset alert!

Turnover off a fumble by Golson and Hogan runs it in 2 plays later.

Gonna be a long night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭davetherave

Air Force Navy game has just hit the end of the first. Falcons are up 14-7 and this is going to cracker. Air Force get a 54 yard TD off a bubble screen to WR pass down the field.
    Navy have two runs of 45+ yardage and AF have two passes of 50+ yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Anyone see that sickening injury to Kenyan Drake of Alabama. Oh dear....his leg bent all out of shape poor chap screaming in agony picked up by the mics but nobody copped it for a few seconds.

• Advertisement

Anyone see that sickening injury to Kenyan Drake of Alabama. Oh dear....his leg bent all out of shape poor chap screaming in agony picked up by the mics but nobody copped it for a few seconds.

Caught a picture of it that popped on my twitter timeline. Really bad, his foot was facing completely the wrong way from his ankle. Sickening. Haven't seen the video, heard his screaming was as bad as the injury.

Golson really struggling to throw the ball in the conditions but did the business with his legs on that drive to set up the TD pass to Brown.

7 - 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Clear facemask there in the Bama/Ole Miss game leading to a fumble and Bama TD, very poor by the officials to miss that. Such a gamechanger.

This is one tough game between the Irish and Cardinals. Its tough to watch because the players really can't do anything about the conditions.

Just hope the Irish sneak it and move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Despite an heroic effort from Melvin Gordon it looks like Wisconsin are going to suffer an upset loss @ Nothwestern.

Really looking forward to Ameer Abdullah & the Cornhuskers vs Michigan State. Should be a cracking game

Big pick by the Irish defense who have been outstanding tonight. The offense is struggling to capitalise - might have to settle for a field goal.

• Advertisement

The holder screws it up again...... arrrghhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Heffo001

If that holder costs ND the game.........

Trevone Boykin looks absolutely incredible for TCU.

I think that's nine 3 and outs that Notre Dame has forced now. Hogan has been poor and the conditions are terrible, but it's still very impressive and a testament to how well Van Gorder has done with a young group of players.

3rd time lucky with the field goal, the lead for the first time in the game. Now D just do what you've been doing almost all game long. Go Irish!!!

• Advertisement

This TCU/Oklahoma game has everything. Pick six just now for TCU. Oklahoma block the PAT and return it for 2!

Game of the season so far for me.

eagle eye wrote: »
    3rd time lucky with the field goal, the lead for the first time in the game. Now D just do what you've been doing almost all game long. Go Irish!!!

Yep, only time Stanford scored was when Golson fumbled about 12 yards out. More of the same from the defence and ND should hold on.

I haven't been watching Baylor today but clearly they are doing it again. Up 28-0 over Texas. I think Baylor are the best team I've seen this season, they are very impressive on both sides of the ball and I think they will make the playoffs.

Ole miss just about to tie it up at 17 apiece. This game ain't over yet.

Meanwhile the Cardinals marched down the field, the Irish need the stop here on 3rd and goal, if they get the field goal then at least we have time to win the game.

Ugh, how does this happen. You stop them for most of the game, finally the get lead and you give it up on the next drive. :(

TD Stanford 14 - 10 with 3 minutes left.

Time for the Irish offense to deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Huge moment in the Bama game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

wow

4th and 11. This is the game

All down to this 4th and 10. Come on Golson, please.

Golson you legend, hero!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement