Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCAA 2014 Season Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Koyack with the TD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

And I just looked at the TV and Ole Miss are up 23-17, Bama just blocked the extra point try.

Golson is just so, so good in the clutch. Hold on now. Go Irish!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Heffo001

Just after that 3rd down play where Golson ran in to Elmer, the stream I was watching switched channels. I had to scramble to find a new stream just in time to see the TD. Don't give Montgomery a chance to return this and Stanford will have to go 80 or so yards with one minute and just one timeout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Ole Miss take a TD lead over Bama! Only a couple of minutes left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Can Ole Miss hold out though, gotta love the drama, a blocked extra point meaning the Tide can march down and win it, plenty of time left on the clock.

fumble in the TCU game puts them up against it

This TCU - Oklahoma game is absolutely incredible!!!!

Huge play for Bama

Bama have torn the field up on this drive

lol, as I post they stutter themselves with a penalty, shouldnt stop them though the way they are driving

• Advertisement

3 turnovers in 4 plays at TCU!

This could be Hail Mary territory for Stanford. Sounds like there are three very tense games going on in college football at the moment going by this thread

Oh my, Bama could be finished here pending this review. Has to be an INT...

I missed what happened in the TCU game, why are they back at the 31 now?

More turnovers I see! What a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Van Gorder dials up the blitz....intentional grounding.....game over.......phew!

Phew, not a great spectacle by any means, but Notre Dame just about come away with a win and stay unbeaten. Great play-call at the end by Van Gorder.

• Advertisement

OLE MISS WIN!

What a day for the state of Mississippi!

Woohoo! Cracking end to that game and Irish move on undefeated. Gotta be moving up now after that.

Ole Miss just picked off Bama with 37 seconds left in the game so its over, Bama dropping in the rankings and Irish moving up. Great stuff! Go Irish!!!

Game over with the INT

Dont think I have seen a better game of football this season yet then the OKLA/TCU game, unreal stuff and that 2 points could be very important come the end

We are very close to #2, #3, #4 and #6 all losing this weekend. #5 Auburn up against too against LSU.

• Advertisement

Oklahoma stopped on 4th and 1!

Oh my word, I am downloading a copy of this game and keeping it for eternity.

Huge stop

kryogen wrote: »
    Huge stop

I'm glad someone is enjoying this with me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

How are they even reviewing that in the TCU game? He's way off the first down.

The excitement in the game is incredible, and I see you have a pick in the game also so can only imagine how much fun your having :)

Though I've bet on TCU, I really want to see Oklahoma get the ball with a minute left!

kryogen wrote: »
    The excitement in the game is incredible, and I see you have a pick in the game also so can only imagine how much fun your having :)

I think I'm safe. I have TCU +4, so even if the Sooners score a TD here, TCU should cover. No fingernails left, mind you :pac:

So we've got Bama, Oklahoma, Oregon and Texas A and M all going down this week. Auburn have a real tough game now against LSU.

Looking like Baylor and the Irish will be top 4 in the rankings after the weekend. I'd imagine the Irish will jump over UCLA, regardless of what they do against Utah, as they beat a ranked opponent.

I think I'm safe. I have TCU +4, so even if the Sooners score a TD here, TCU should cover. No fingernails left, mind you :pac:

You should be fine now of course, but either way it would certainly have been value for money :)

Sack ends the game basically. Im think I might just watch that one again!

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    So we've got Bama, Oklahoma, Oregon and Texas A and M all going down this week. Auburn have a real tough game now against LSU.

Looking like Baylor and the Irish will be top 4 in the rankings after the weekend. I'd imagine the Irish will jump over UCLA, regardless of what they do against Utah, as they beat a ranked opponent.

I think Ole Miss will jump Notre Dame.

Ole Miss are #11. Notre Dame are #9.

I think Ole Miss' home win against an undefeated #3 Alabama team will give them the edge over ND's home win against a 1-loss (and frankly horrible on offence) Stanford.

TCU win the game of the season. That one won't be beat. I'm exhausted!

Auburn off to a great start against the Tigers. 10-0 already.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Chessrookie

Happy camper tonight as an ND fan seeing so many teams ahead of us lose.
    The projected playoff spots will be very interesting.
    Can Oklahoma beat Baylor next month? How good is fsu's defence, and how will ND fare next week after a tough physical battle with Stanford?. Big recruiting weekend for ND with ESB plus others on campus.
    Next weeks top 5 going to be interesting. will ND get some respect or will the voters continue their SEC bias?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

4 of the top 6 lose on the same weekend (so far). Only twice in the history of the AP poll has that happened, per ESPN.

Baylor have really impressed me so far

17-0 up now and LSU haven't even managed a first down yet. Auburn look lit enough for this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

17-0 now. They're really rolling. The Alabama result really has the cranked the atmosphere up a notch too.

Great reply from LSU when needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Great reply from LSU when needed.

Still all Auburn. Amazing that at this moment Ole Miss and Miss St. sit atop the West in the SEC. By the time the dust settles it might be the Auburn Tigers who are the biggest winners, though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Int by Sammy Coates breaks LSU's stuttering wave after Ruffin's ejection. Auburn pounding the LSU defense. TD Marshall. 31-7 before HT. Auburn making a case for No. 1, nevermind the No. 2 spot they've almost locked in.

Syferus wrote: »
    Still all Auburn. Amazing that at this moment Ole Miss and Miss St. sit atop the West in the SEC. By the time the dust settles it might be the Auburn Tigers who are the biggest winners, though..

Yeah I was hoping for a bit of a shootout once they managed to get on the board but it's looking like one way traffic at the minute.

Auburn have been well up for this right from the off and fully deserve to be in the position they are, cracking stuff from them

Spartans playing alright, but Nebraska are killing themselves thankfully, don't think I have the energy to stay up and watch but to have it down to the goal line basically and then give up the fumble has got to kill Nebraska, penalties and turnovers are why they are losing this.

Ugh. You have got to be kidding me.

• Advertisement

Ugh. You have got to be kidding me.

Looking at your log, you seem to have had a pretty good night? The system seems to have some merit for the NCAA anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Just saw the highlights of Gurley last night.

Insane!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Just seeing Conor Halliday from Washington State threw for 734 yards last night, christ thats a huge number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Was at the USC game tonight. Hail Mary for Arizona to win the game. Shocking stuff by USC. With seconds to go Kessler (yes their QB) makes a horrendous punt on 4th and long.

Mike Bercovici who played due to the injury to Kelly was effective throughout the game, a number of gimmicky plays but lead them to 3 touchdowns in the final 4 minutes. Final one to Jalen Strong on a Hail Mary. Randomly enough I was sitting beside a lady from Naas, you can't get away from us Irish lot some times!

Here's myself and my mate in our commentary pose from tonight!

Alternative highlights time.

If you're a punter and you try a fake punt, you have to deal with the consequences.

https://vine.co/v/OKZ97TBnarx

This is awesome. Tennessee nailed the checkered fan sections yesterday, without giving out free t-shirts. They simply asked the fans to wear one of two colours printed on their tickets.

BzHWJ4wIcAA2jMZ.png]

InexperiencedFirstGlobefish.gif

As far as false starts go, this is pretty funny.

IncompatibleGrossBlackfootedferret.gif

Unfortunately this got called back for holding, but TCU hid a player in the endzone for the kickoff and lateralled the ball to him for a big chunk of yardage.

BzIcJKlCMAAFhNs.png

coopertwo.0.gif

Keyshawn Johnson's nephew has got it.

PtBZx0P.jpg

Katy Perry celebrating with Ole Miss fans.

https://vine.co/v/OKZVgA3bXwH

Everyone loves a hurdle.

mlQgVMU.jpg

And saving the best for last, Mark "I am a massive twat" May's playoff predictions from last Sunday.

Heh.

BzI7dI9IMAAqYx-.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzI7dI9IMAAqYx-.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement