Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd one, may be linked to current temp fix?

Options
  • 08-04-2014 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭

This post / thread (will not be visible to all)

Odd one.

It's telling me it's been moderated, but not showing me a mod log, so I don't know what was done / by whom / why (if anything at all). None of the other mods (or those who have been online) have any clue about it.

There's no attachment, link or image, and poster has more than 50 posts and has been around a while, so theoretically it shouldn't have gotten caught up in that net ... yet the timing is somewhat suggestive ... ?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I wonder if it was a ninja edit on the touch site.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

As in there may have been a link in it originally, Gordo?

S/he doesn't fall into the under 50 posts or time limit parameters though.

Or do you mean that maybe the OP deleted it entirely and somehow it got caught up in the matrix as a "moderated" post / thread rather than completely disappearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No, there is a post on this forum, I think, by touchingvirus where he created a thread and edited it via the touch site and it went premodded. That was fixed today, but maybe this is something similar. TV didn't have a link in his post iirc, he simply edited the post via touch.

Ah, just read that now. Yes, it sounds like it could be a similar issue at least.

Just a note for the devs: it isn't showing up in the posts awaiting approval in LC modutils either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Hey,

Thanks for letting us know. There are still a few weird cases like this. It may be a ninja edit via touch, but this post has no edit history.

We're going to be removing this pre-moderation system within this week, because this was just a temporary measure as Dav mentioned. In the meantime we will concentrate on getting something more solid in place than chasing down more strange cases such as this, with our limited resources.

Sorry for the hassle this is causing.

Edit -- You can approve that post if you want, we have a backup of it since this morning to reproduce the issue if we need to.

• Advertisement

No worries Alvis, needs must when the devil drives.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement