Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Techno Collab maybe?

Options
  • 08-04-2014 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi there. I've hit numerous walls. I've amassed plenty of loops with ok potential and some half done tracks but I've not finished owt due to being a complete scatterbrain.

I would be keen to swap ideas with someone who's really into making (and finishing!) techno tracks for inspiration. I've not done this before. I like it dark and a little industrial maybe, around 130 bpm or higher, and with rhythm and plenty of percussion... stuff that's not plodding along to much but actually gets you moving.

Anybody wanna toss some ideas about then let me know!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭paulo6891

You should throw up some examples of your productions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Beakflakes

paulo6891 wrote: »
    You should throw up some examples of your productions :)

Cheers! I could throw up a few excerpts/loops. What's the best medium to upload them to a place where people can listen?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Beakflakes wrote: »
    Cheers! I could throw up a few excerpts/loops. What's the best medium to upload them to a place where people can listen?

You should throw some up on Soundcloud.
    I'd be interested as I've always wanted to produce some decent techno. To be honest I'm not sure if I could commit the time though. I was listeing to a Pan Pot mix this morning, quality stuff. (if that's along the lines of the stuff you're into)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Beakflakes

I prefer a little harder than that stuff I reckon but it could go anywhere I guess. I'm more into the relentless tribal techno sound that was popular around 10 years ago or the Bristol industrial techno sound. Tough stuff thats raw sounding and not overly produced stuff I guess. I don't wanna upload tracks to soundcloud till complete so I'll think of something... I'll get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Beakflakes wrote: »
    I prefer a little harder than that stuff I reckon but it could go anywhere I guess. I'm more into the relentless tribal techno sound that was popular around 10 years ago or the Bristol industrial techno sound. Tough stuff thats raw sounding and not overly produced stuff I guess. I don't wanna upload tracks to soundcloud till complete so I'll think of something... I'll get back.

Yeah, I wouldn't be a massive fan of the tribal stuff myself. On the soundcloud thing though, you could just post up a 30 sec clip so people can get a feel for the vibe you're going for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement