Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Photos of Irish Naval Vessels

• 08-04-2014 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

All,

I'm trying desperatly to get my hands on photos of old boats that my grandfather served on in years gone past.

The boats would have been in operation from the early 1920's onwards.

I've tried the usual Google searches but nothing has given any results.

Anyone know if its possible get old archive photos from the Navy of old boats used by them.

I'll list the boats names and I'd really apprecaite any info whatsoever - I'm trying to gather a montage of photos for my own Dad who is turing 70 later this year.

ML Sir Cecil Romer - 1929
    ML Raven II - 1931
    ML Jackdaw - 1934

thanks in advnace.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

If you go to facebook- there is a page called "Irish Navy Photo Section".

There are lots of albums of old Navy pictures etc. that you could have a look through. I'm not sure if you'd find exactly what you're looking for but I'm sure the person who runs the page would have no problem helping you if you sent them a private message.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 myf40

Thanks Wheelsonthebus.

Haven't had a chance yet to do this but will defo try this avenue. Good ol facebook - it may have its uses after all.

Advertisement