Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone watch DMCFTC fault code

Options
  • 08-04-2014 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Last year I had a phonewatch system installed with full monitoring. Last month after the contract ended and I started to use as an unmonitored alarm system.. Every few days and usually in middle of the night..the control panel starts beeping..the code and get a 'DMC FTC' message. from what I can see on the net its related to system trying to contact monitoring stations. eircom want a small fortune just to disable this. anyone know if its possible to do yourself ?
    Fed up having to get up in middle of the night...and am determined not to be held to ransom...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

nollaig26 wrote: »
    Last year I had an phonewatch system installed with full monitoring. Last month after the contract ended and I started to use as an unmonitored alarm system.. Every few days and usually in middle of the night..the control panel starts beeping..the code and get a 'DMC FTC' message. from what I can see on the net its related to system trying to contact monitoring stations. want a small fortune just to disable this. anyone know if its possible to do yourself ?
    Fed up having to get up in middle of the night...and am determined not to be held to ransom...

Yes very easy to do yourself once you have the engineer code.
    From what your saying this is a HKC system. You can also set up the system to text you instead of P.W once you have this code.

Sent you a P.M re the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nollaig26

Thanks for that - I will let you know how I get on...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 garoid66

Hi
    I would also be interested in this info as folks have recently stopped the monitoring but now phone watch want €100 to disconnect their monitoring
    would also be interested to allow them to have the alarm ring their mobile instead
    Thanks

I think their alarm is the simon model as i seen a simular pic i threads

I think their alarm is the simon model as i seen a simular pic i threads

• Advertisement

nollaig26 wrote: »
    Thanks for that - I will let you know how I get on...

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

garoid66 wrote: »
    Hi
    I would also be interested in this info as folks have recently stopped the monitoring but now phone watch want €100 to disconnect their monitoring
    would also be interested to allow them to have the alarm ring their mobile instead
    Thanks

Wrote back to you in the thread you started.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

its wont text you if you don't have an eircom phone line though

Also works with Vodafone. If you have a UPC line then you can add a voice dialer to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dutchy21uk

I have the exact same issue, 23:20 every night driving me crazy and waking kids, can anyone share the fix with me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

So your alarm is trying to call the monitoring station it's not getting thru. So you will need to pay for an alarm engineer to call to your house and default the panel to stop this issue .

Dutchy21uk wrote: »
    I have the exact same issue, 23:20 every night driving me crazy and waking kids, can anyone share the fix with me

Advertisement