Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea (1) v PSG (3) TV3/ITV

• 08-04-2014 9:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea are without the cup tied, Salah and Matic while Ramires is suspended and there is fitness concerns regarding Eto'o, who should start pending a late fitness test.

PSG are without Ibrahimovic who pulled up during the victory in Paris last week.

Likely teams,

Chelsea : Cech, Ivan, Cahill, JT, Azp, Luiz, Lamps, Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Eto'o.

PSG : Sirigu, V.D.Wiel, Alex, T.Silva, Maxwell, Veratti, Matuidi, Motta, Pastore, Lavezzi, Cavani.

Chelsea will ahve to rely on Luiz, Lamps or Mikel for CM tonight with Ramires out, which is a huge blow for his box to box energy. Eto'o has scored all 11 of his goals at the Bridge.

For PSG they can bring in Moura or Pastore and push Cavani into the centre, Cabaye is also an option for CM.

I expect us to win on the night 2-1 but ultimately go out on aggregate to Pastores last minute goal in Paris.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I expect a Chelsea Win , 3/4 - 1

Chelsea to qualify:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I expect a Chelsea Win , 3/4 - 1

Chelsea to qualify:D

If we repeat the Napoli result I'd be delighted I just dont think we can against PSG, granted they looked dodgy at the back for periods but we shipped 3 very soft goals so they must be very confident they can at elast score and cancel out the away goal leaving us with a near impossible task.

Should be a good game anyway, gutted I couldnt get flights for it. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Paris St Germain have been in 19 CL matches in their history. They have never lost by more than a goal.

I also think PSG will perform better than they did last week. Cavani and Ibrahamovic together didn't work at all and the pace and directness of Moura caused Chelsea all sort of problems when he came on. I think he will cause Chelsea even more problems tonight with the Blues having to chase the game.

greendom wrote: »
    Paris St Germain have been in 19 CL matches in their history. They have never lost by more than a goal.

I also think PSG will perform better than they did last week. Cavani and Ibrahamovic together didn't work at all and the pace and directness of Moura caused Chelsea all sort of problems when he came on. I think he will cause Chelsea even more problems tonight with the Blues having to chase the game.

I reckon they wont start Moura tonight, himself and Pastore both started at the weekend but hes a great option to come on and stretch a game in the last 20mins.

Anyway, PSG arent exactly short of attacking options and cavani Lazevvi and Moura or Pastore will be a huge test, I still think we'll win but not enough to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I can't see PSG throw this away, I think they'll definitely score so unless Chelsea repeat the Napoli performance they'll go out.

• Advertisement

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I can't see PSG throw this away, I think they'll definitely score so unless Chelsea repeat the Napoli performance they'll go out.

Ya, I agree with ya, also, PSG are much better than that Napoli side.

If we do go through, PSG have to fall apart and we have to be on top of our game.

As long as we score 1st and give it a go I'll be happy enough , the last goal in Paris was a killer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

PSG win, everyone to be talking about something Mourinho does come 9:35.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I can see PSG getting at least a draw out of this...Lavezzi will be like a man possessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I think we will win but not sure if we will go through, i can see PSG getting a goal.

Cech

Ivan
    Cahill
    Terry
    Dave

Mikel
    Luiz

--Willian
    Oscar
    Hazard--

Eto(if fit)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

3-0 Chelsea short and sweet. :D

• Advertisement

Meglamonia wrote: »
    3-0 Chelsea short and sweet. :D

I wouldnt be throwing money on us anyway but naturally I hope we get through.

Real are al but through, Atleti/Barca & Bayern/Utd are in the balance with a slight advantage to the home teams with away goals, PSG are favourites tonight but we still have a chance.

The Semi Final this year is going to be crazy difficult, if we dont get there I'll be hoping for Atleti to go all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I hope Chelsea win... but I think I'm hoping against hope. The killing blow landed late on in Paris. 2-1 was a climbable mountain. 3-1 is far too Everest-y. It has been done before, but I don't think lightning will strike again.

PSG will score at least once. Chelsea will not score enough to negate them.

Chelsea need to score an early goal here to try and settle the ship. PSG will be lethal on the counter attack and could punish Chelsea as they search for the goals to go through.

I reckon Chelsea might just win... but not by enough.

2-1 or 3-2 to Chelsea. Winning the battle but losing the war... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

2-1 and I think we would have done it but don't think we will overturn the 3-1 deficit.

As long as we score first it'll make a game of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

<b>Paris St Germain have been in 19 CL matches in their history. They have never lost by more than a goal. </b>

I recall Chelsea beating them 3-0 in Paris in 2004 to be honest :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

19 matches?They've been in alot more than that!Got a few hidings too a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Looking forward to this one, will be a close one IMO but hopefully Paris will just make it through.

Meglamonia wrote: »
    19 matches?They've been in alot more than that!Got a few hidings too a few years ago.

It was a tweet from OptaJean that I didn't check out. That'll teach me

Just double checked it - dohh!

OptaJean ‏@OptaJean 20h
    19 - Paris SG have played 19 Champions League games since last season and have never lost by more than one goal. Close.

I recall Chelsea beating them 3-0 in Paris in 2004 to be honest :p

I'll take some of that right now :D

• Advertisement

Supposed teams are

cech
    Ivan cahill jt azp
    lamps luiz
    willian oscar hazard
    etoo

sirigu
    jallet silva alex maxwell
    verratti matuidi motta
    lucas cavani lavezzi

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

1-1

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    1-1, PSG on penalties.

Wait.....what

Are you back with you voodoo bo**ocks :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Negative Nellys.
    Chelsea to thump them 2-0.
    An early goal, a second half goal, a nervy ending to the game but our defence holds out.

Jeeesh!:D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Wait.....what

Are you back with you voodoo bo**ocks :pac:

I think I'm confusing myself with the voodoo schtick, tbh :o

Fancy PSG scoring at least once tonight anyway.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I think I'm confusing myself with the voodoo schtick, tbh :o

Fancy PSG scoring at least once tonight anyway.

If it finishes 1-1 and psg win on penos ill mod ya myself after the game :)

I fancy PSG to score as well that front line has devasting pace and mobility, more than weve faced all year. Keeping them out will be a neae impossible task but I think we'll win 2-1.

An early goal would be perfect tonight, the crows will be up for it and an early goal will make it even more interesting.

Chelsea subs : schwarzer, cole, kalas, mikel, schurrle, ba, torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

An early goal would be perfect tonight, the crows will be up for it and an early goal will make it even more interesting.

Caw....Caw....:pac:

• Advertisement

Bkt59qc_IAAAWmk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Lamps is slowing down, Luiz is still prone to brainfarts. It looks like a soft centre TBH. Our best hope lies in Willian and Hazard tearing up the wings and keeping PSG occupied, but I fear we could spend a lot of the time chasing shadows (and the ball) in the centre of the park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

jonsnow.jpg

• Any tasty bets / tips for tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Looking forward to seeing Lucas from the start. I think he'll run amok against Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

3-1 chelsea

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Any tasty bets / tips for tonight?

Jallet to be carded for me. Got it at 12/5 , small stake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Jallet to be carded for me. Got it at 12/5 , small stake

ooh where did you get those odds?

ooh where did you get those odds?

PP.

Buddy sent it over, he was 5's earlier so a few getting in on it. Dont know what he is now.

Ive only 20 on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Any tasty bets / tips for tonight?

Yep, chelsea win 5-2, 100/1, Ive 30 cent on it.
    And a serious bet, I went chelsea to qualify is 12/5, 15euro.

Plastic flags ahoy. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Make or break for our season tonight lads. Cmon the blues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Think it'll go into extra time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Lamps not getting to the pace of the game ........ Again

My God Luiz as bad centre of midfield not working at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

That's that for Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Hazard off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Thats a huge blow

Hazard off injured. **** it anyway.

Oh no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Huge blow, I hope its not a major one in terms of missing out on the rest of the league and WC

• Advertisement
Advertisement