Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea (1) v PSG (3) TV3/ITV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Mourinho the serial winner, Mourinho the European champion, Mourinho the greatest manager of his generation. I didn't have a lot of hope going into tonight and even less when Hazard went off injured but this Chelsea side never know when they are beaten. Resilient, galvanized under Mourinho, they were fierce in the face of near impossible odds. It's magical, it's Mourinho, the sky is the limit for this Chelsea side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I hope Utd can do the business now tomorrow night too.

Anyway great night wish I took those tickets yesterday now. :(

F**k it onwards and upwards, that liverpool game sandwiched either side of the ucl semi final is looking harder now

So do I really p*ss of UEFA and keep the English representation at 4 teams

??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I expect a Chelsea Win , 3/4 - 1

Chelsea to qualify:D

Didn't get the score correct but better team by a mile , well won

We are the Chelsea , We are the best , we are the Chelsea so Beeeeppp all the rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

You really have to admire Mourinho and the way he can get performances out of players ,

Fair play to Chelsea ,well done ,Hope ye fans enjoy the night ,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Mourinho the serial winner, Mourinho the European champion, Mourinho the greatest manager of his generation. I didn't have a lot of hope going into tonight and even less when Hazard went off injured but this Chelsea side never know when they are beaten. Resilient, galvanized under Mourinho, they were fierce in the face of near impossible odds. It's magical, it's Mourinho, the sky is the limit for this Chelsea side.

Ah heyur. Is it Pep or Mourinho that is the best of this generation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Do you not like Pep anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

690740_176296hp2_jpgf94827bc10a3d3e53075678773c258df

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Mushy wrote: »
    My housemates reaction to it:

"Right lads...ye lost to Palace 2 weeks ago"

Nah fair play to Chelsea, deserved it on the night. May have been a blessing having Hazard to come off!

Who does he support, btw??? :P haha

God... that was proper do or die... Not quite as magical as the 4-1 against Napoli, but christ. It was something. After all the bloody chances, I thought it was going to be one of those dreaded nights where nothing went right. And it very nearly was...

Delighted with the result. Think that'll be as far as Chelsea go, however. As I said at the start of the season. Semi-final of the CL. Can't see Chelsea overcoming Real Madrid. Of the other teams, I'd prefer to see Barca and United qualifying as potential opponents, but I don't think that's likely either.

Luiz and Schurrle were immense tonight. Cech was superb when called upon. Three stand-out performances from them, doing what was needed, when it was needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Great result but winning at home against a side missing one of the best strikers in the world is hardly a near impossible result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That's never been in danger England are 2nd, 4th place Italy are a long way behind in the coefficient league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Panthro wrote: »
    Negative Nellys.
    Chelsea to thump them 2-0.
    An early goal, a second half goal, a nervy ending to the game but our defence holds out.

Jeeesh!:D

Smug......:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

DazMarz wrote: »
    Who does he support, btw??? :P haha

God... that was proper do or die... Not quite as magical as the 4-1 against Napoli, but christ. It was something. After all the bloody chances, I thought it was going to be one of those dreaded nights where nothing went right. And it very nearly was...

Delighted with the result. Think that'll be as far as Chelsea go, however. As I said at the start of the season. Semi-final of the CL. Can't see Chelsea overcoming Real Madrid. Of the other teams, I'd prefer to see Barca and United qualifying as potential opponents, but I don't think that's likely either.

Luiz and Schurrle were immense tonight. Cech was superb when called upon. Three stand-out performances from them, doing what was needed, when it was needed.

He hates football:p

Delighted to see Schurrle doing well for Chelsea, was thinking it wasn't the right move for him but he's taken his chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

niallo27 wrote: »
    Great result but winning at home against a side missing one of the best strikers in the world is hardly a near impossible result.

Yeah not like they can play another 60m striker there instead..

DazMarz wrote: »
    I hope Chelsea win... but I think I'm hoping against hope. The killing blow landed late on in Paris. 2-1 was a climbable mountain. 3-1 is far too Everest-y. It has been done before, but I don't think lightning will strike again.

PSG will score at least once. Chelsea will not score enough to negate them.

Chelsea need to score an early goal here to try and settle the ship. PSG will be lethal on the counter attack and could punish Chelsea as they search for the goals to go through.

I reckon Chelsea might just win... but not by enough.

2-1 or 3-2 to Chelsea. Winning the battle but losing the war... :(

Sometimes I hate it when my predictions go wrong...

Delighted I called this one so, so wrong. :D

2 goals down, a Chelsea side who had to take off their best player, one of the best playmakers in the worldx Eden Hazard, very early and without Ramires tonight too meaning the aging Lampard was in our midfield tonight. Not a lot of people gave us a real shout tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

I told u chelsea would do it.

Cavani is useless. only slightly better then Giroud. No way is he worth the pricetag put on his head.

Games like these a player of his so called calibre should have buried that chance.

As soon as he missed it i knew chelsea will go through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

God I didn't but joy and happiness

You could see it coming PSG just kept getting deeper and deeper and never really went for a away goal set up to not lose the tie,missed Ibra a lot tonight.

Mourinho has a brilliant record in the Champions League. I don't Chelsea should fear any team left.

Ah heyur. Is it Pep or Mourinho that is the best of this generation?

I'm a massive fan of both, certainly they are the two best of their generation, though both personify very different brands of football but both are on a different level imo. Picking between who is better, to me, is like flipping a coin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Delighted… after hitting the crossbar twice I thought it was going to PSGs nite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Well done Chelsea.

A bit of luck needed for the goals but in fairness they hit the crossbar twice, and had a lot more chances in general then PSG.

PSG might have been better off going for the win rather then setting up so defensively.

Good news for Liverpool as well, because Chelsea will have the Semi-Finals around that time. (Week before and after AFIAK).

Anyway enjoy it, can't wait for these Champions League nights at Anfield next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

chelsea have been missing a striker all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

2 goals down, a Chelsea side who had to take off their best player, one of the best playmakers in the worldx Eden Hazard, very early and without Ramires tonight too meaning the aging Lampard was in our midfield tonight. Not a lot of people gave us a real shout tonight.

A lot of people expected Chelsea to progress I think myself. Two regular Chelsea posters just re quoted post from before the game showing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Lads was ba offside?

Thoroughly deserved by Chelsea. Bombard the defence and the space creates it self.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Fair play Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

mike65 wrote: »
    Good to see Arab money can't buy everything. ;)

Arab money, Russian money, its all the same.

Great win for Chelsea, Mourinho is a master tactician.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Arab money, Russian money, its all the same.

Great win for Chelsea, Mourinho is a master tactician.

Indeed money is money and TSHO is genius your observations are brilliant, obvious as well mind you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Indeed money is money and TSHO is genius your observations are brilliant, obvious as well mind you

Is there a interpreter here to decipher this nonsense :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Chelsea deserved to win for going all out to win. And PSG got what they deserved too - they had no direction, no fire and no bottle when things went against them. They played negatively and got a negative result.

Custard creams? That was one of the most bizarre things I've seen on tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I dont know what Luiz and Azpil are up to there :pac:

BkujIl5IYAAjPev.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Dónal wrote: »

TV3 spending big again

Was said many times in the Chelsea thread PSG have fine players but are a long way from a team. Blanc has a lot to learn they really should have kept hold of Carlo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Jernal wrote: »
    Lads was ba offside?

Thoroughly deserved by Chelsea. Bombard the defence and the space creates it self.
    Ba was indeed well onside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Yeah the awkward way he went to pat Mourinho on the back, but stopped at the last minute when Mourinho glared at him. Was like a spotty 15 year old trying to talk to a playboy model.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Wow fair play to Chelsea, good comeback. I thought 3-1 was signed, sealed and delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Was said many times in the Chelsea thread PSG have fine players but are a long way from a team. Blanc has a lot to learn they really should have kept hold of Carlo
    PSG really lucked out coming into this fixture with a two goal lead. They had their chances here as well. Luck wasn't with them and Chelsea's defence was more resolute. Even when Chelsea left gaps going forward, they didn't leave massive gaps at the back a la Torres' goal against Barca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Jernal wrote: »
    Lads was ba offside?

Don't think so. Showed great awareness and strength to get to the ball ahead of Maxwell. Somewhat fortuitous finish though.

Raf32 wrote: »
    I dont know what Luiz and Azpil are up to there

ooh-matron-with-text.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

The chance Cavani had was the chance to clinch it,but he couldn't take it.

You knew Chelsea were going to score in them last 5 minutes.

Try tellin that to a blue fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Well Done Chelsea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It was because of this a couple of years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

fair fcuks to the well wishers for posting, classic game tonight. loved it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Ahh lads, phew, football eh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Didn't expect such a weak PSG performance, well done to Chelsea, thoroughly deserved that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Just like the old German National teams from the 70's, 80's and 90's.

Never write Chelsea off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Try tellin that to a blue fan

I should have said it in the match thread or put a bet on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Mourinho is great, no doubt, but this group of players have been winning ties like this under multiple different managers. With the likes of Cech, Ivanovic, Terry and Lampard on the pitch you're never beat no matter who the manager is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement