Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Horse trailer

Options
  • 08-04-2014 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Guys, a few colleagues and I have recently been dealing with the issue of a few abandoned horses near where we work. It got quite bad, to the point we had to call a vet to have one euthanised. Other ones have died on their own and the ones left over stand among the skeletons of their brethren:(.

But East Galway Animal Rescue have agreed to take the remaining 4 horses (pic below). We're raising funds for them but it turns out now that their trailer is broken so we are helping them find one to borrow for a day. That day to be hopefully this week, the horses can be collected from tomorrow evening under County Council Bye law.

So if you are or know someone that might be able to facilitate this, please PM me.
    1794644_10200749538059906_659857925_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Cant help with a trailer but I think that Galway City Council have one, I am sure they would help you move them, well done its terrible what is happening to horses at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

If you can get funding, and if you are dealing with horses on a regular basis, there is the likes of this available to buy: http://www.donedeal.ie/trailers-for-sale/double-axel-horse-box/6732136

You could try one of the equestrian centres to see if they would come out with one of their trucks or trailers and help you out; they may see it as very good PR for giving a little bit of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

Storm10, getting contact with the council is far from an easy task as we have recently found out...

Fey, this is quite an exception for me. But we had the same idea as yourself and Galway Equestrian Centre has agreed to help:D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

It is really tragic to see such beautiful animals abandoned . call veterinary services in the county council , they can arrange transport. best of luck.

Veterinary Services
    Centrepoint, Liosbán Business Park, Tuam Road, Galway
    Email : vetservice@galwaycoco.ie
    Public Opening Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00-4:00

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Dutchess wrote: »
    we had the same idea as yourself and Galway Equestrian Centre has agreed to help:D

Great to hear. They'll also be used to dealing with horses of all temperaments, which I'd imagine will make it easier for the animals.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement