Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hanging up in ear headphones, need

• 08-04-2014 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭

Hey all

Looking for new headphones, changing from in ear headphones as they're bad for you.

Anybody know any good alternatives?

I'll be using them mainly when im on the move (walking/bus) and in work, so i wont want any loud ones which others will be able to hear. And i dont want massive ones as big as my head. So the more discreet the better,

Not knowing much about headphones outside the in ear ones, does anybody know any ones that would have the noise reduction and good sound and not prod into my ear?

Do the beats ones do that? i keep hearing about them but not mad on the price, but would be willing to fork out if they're good and last.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

nix wrote: »
    Looking for new headphones, changing from in ear headphones as they're bad for you.

In what way? I've been using IEMs for about 10 years, would like to know what harm they cause when used properly.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Brian wrote: »
    In what way? I've been using IEMs for about 10 years, would like to know what harm they cause when used properly.

Just a guess, I reckon the OP's referring to earbuds (they were commonly referred to as in-ear headphones for a while) rather than IEM's, that's just a guess because it's the only way I can make sense of the "they're bad for you" comment.

Earbuds are a gateway to bad life choices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

Hey, thanks for all the responses guys, i went with the Sony MDRZX600, really liking them...

And yeah the earbud headphones, comfy and discreet but i kept getting waxy build ups as of late, a common thing apparently when using them for long periods of time, which i had been doing in my job.

Perhaps im just one of the unlucky few or a sign of gettin on in my years :pac:

• Advertisement

Hey, thanks for all the responses guys, i went with the Sony MDRZX600, really liking them...

And yeah the earbud headphones, comfy and discreet but i kept getting waxy build ups as of late, a common thing apparently when using them for long periods of time, which i had been doing in my job.

Always happy to see a happy traveller on the route to audiophilia. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

You can get ear drops (some kind of organic oil like peanut or olive) or a saline wash for that. Or get a GP / nurse to clean you out with their hot water gun :D

Or get a GP / nurse to clean you out with their hot water gun :D

It's possibly the relief of a blockage but I love being syringed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

You can get ear drops (some kind of organic oil like peanut or olive) or a saline wash for that. Or get a GP / nurse to clean you out with their hot water gun :D

I did and to reduce the need to go back I'm switching to these headphones ;D

The water gun was awesome though, like getting to itch your skin after getting a cast off, great relief.

Here begins the ear-syringing fetish thread on boards.

Take pride, lads, take pride.

• Advertisement
Advertisement