Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Canada

Options
  • 08-04-2014 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi everyone.
    Ok so I am very new to this. I am looking for some advise on how to actually find a bloody job in Canada. My husband is in process of the IEC Visa. And while he is at work I have been sending off a lot of his resumes all over Canada and to on line job searchers. But we are hearing nothing back and it's getting a bit disheartening.
    So has anyone out there got any clue what or where I could start over.
    My husband is looking for work in the line of Gas/Water Distribution Fitter also Heavy Machinery Driver.

All help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

If you are using Kijij to reply to ads they will not be passed on by kijiji.
    Have you been following up by phone after you send in the application.
    Does your cover letter state clearly that you will have an open work permit and that the company does not need to apply for an LMO for him?
    When he gets home from work it's the middle of the day in Canada so the ideal time to do some calling

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gina5

Hi there,
    thank you for your reply. I haven't gone through Kijijii at all as wasn't sure if it was good. Have been using site like Indeed and the gas companies. No I haven't followed through with any phone calls but will start now. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 7 manwho2

hi
    it is hard to get a job offer from a canadian employer unless your husband is in a high demand
    occupation and in that case they will usually offer a lmo visa the bring him and his family.if you get the iec visa probably better for him to just get out to canada and blitz aload ot suitable companies with his cv that way he will be in canada available for any interviews when they call.he will need his cv converted into the canadian format so employers can understand it easily (just google sample canadian resumes).also alot of companies start hiring from may on and now is a good time to start looking for work.what part of canada is he thinking of going to.

Advertisement