Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving a Company - What happens my pension

Options
  • 08-04-2014 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I have a pension for three years with a Company I work for.

It's a contributory pension (not sure how much they contribute) and I reckon I have about €10,000 contributed.

I am thinking of departing for another company so what will happen this pension?

If I transfer it will I lose some of it? All possibilities welcomed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

All depends on the scheme, if you transfer it, you may incur penalties (depending on how long ago you started it). I wouldnt worry about these penalties as you will get an extra allocation % for moving the business to someone else, these usually cancel any penalty.

p.s penalties usually go along these lines.
    1 year in - 5%
    2years in - 4%
    3years in - 3%
    4 years in - 2%
    5 years in - 1 %
    After 5 years no penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Send a pm to Liam D. Ferguson who constantly gives out some great advice on pensions here on boards.

1867IE wrote: »
    I have a pension for three years with a Company I work for.

It's a contributory pension (not sure how much they contribute) and I reckon I have about €10,000 contributed.

I am thinking of departing for another company so what will happen this pension?

If I transfer it will I lose some of it? All possibilities welcomed!

Advertisement