Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Keys

Options
  • 08-04-2014 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Long shot here.

I was travelling from spencer dock (IFSC) Dublin at 4.10 yesterday on my Suzuki Burgman and somewhere between there and Lucan the keys managed to fall out of the ignition - with the ignition switched on - I only noticed in Lucan when I looked down and saw them missing. I went back to the start of the journey on the bike and did the route again but no sign of the keys. It was raining and visibility was poor so no surprise I didn't see them.

I realise its a long shot but I know a lot of motorcyclists travel that route so if any of you spot them and can safely get them, I'd be very grateful if you could PM me. It was a full set of keys - car, scooter, house etc.

Thanks,
    RR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭lostboy75

if i had found them i would have dropped them into the nearest shop/cop shop. would be worth asking there

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭rat_race

RebelRebel wrote: »
    Long shot here.

I was travelling from spencer dock (IFSC) Dublin at 4.10 yesterday on my Suzuki Burgman and somewhere between there and Lucan the keys managed to fall out of the ignition - with the ignition switched on - I only noticed in Lucan when I looked down and saw them missing. I went back to the start of the journey on the bike and did the route again but no sign of the keys. It was raining and visibility was poor so no surprise I didn't see them.

I realise its a long shot but I know a lot of motorcyclists travel that route so if any of you spot them and can safely get them, I'd be very grateful if you could PM me. It was a full set of keys - car, scooter, house etc.

Thanks,
    RR

That really sucks, I hope you find them. Try put a post up on lost.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭RebelRebel

Thanks Guys, Checked with the guards and nothing, but will try again tomorrow - i'll check lost.ie now.

Cheers,
    RR

• Registered Users Posts: 34,884 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

When I was starting out I was told never to put other keys on the same keyring as the ignition key. The weight puts more strain on the ignition switch and once it gets a bit worn it's easier for the key to pop out (over a bump perhaps) and this is going to be even worse on a scooter where the keys are hanging down vertically. Also it's easy enough to forget to take the ignition key out when parked up.

As Douglas Adams said, a keyring is a handy device to ensure that you lose all your keys at the same time :(

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Same thing happened me a couple of years ago. On the advice of a friend I called to each garda station on my route, and got them in the third station. Each garda station has a box of keys handed in, and the three I called to let me have a look. May be worth a try?

• Advertisement

ninja900 wrote: »
    When I was starting out I was told never to put other keys on the same keyring as the ignition key. The weight puts more strain on the ignition switch and once it gets a bit worn it's easier for the key to pop out (over a bump perhaps) and this is going to be even worse on a scooter where the keys are hanging down vertically. Also it's easy enough to forget to take the ignition key out when parked up.

As Douglas Adams said, a keyring is a handy device to ensure that you lose all your keys at the same time :(

Thanks - yip -i've learned that the hard way!

Love the Douglas Adams quote!

roadsmart wrote: »
    Same thing happened me a couple of years ago. On the advice of a friend I called to each garda station on my route, and got them in the third station. Each garda station has a box of keys handed in, and the three I called to let me have a look. May be worth a try?

Thanks - i've called all the garda stations on the route but non had any keys handed in fitting the description. I might try them again today.

Advertisement