Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Accommodation

Options
  • 08-04-2014 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any sort of accommodation literally just for the summer. I understand that most student accommodation houses are left empty over the summer as the students would be heading home. I'd be able to move out before September and the house was needed for students again.

Since this is really off peak times for someone renting out to students I was looking for some place fairly cheap.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

Stickjesus wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any sort of accommodation literally just for the summer. I understand that most student accommodation houses are left empty over the summer as the students would be heading home. I'd be able to move out before September and the house was needed for students again.

Since this is really off peak times for someone renting out to students I was looking for some place fairly cheap.

Thanks in advance :)

Try Manor Village run by WIT campus services.
    Close to town and I believe quiet cheap during the summer months to rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I'm looking for the same thing. Heard from Book A Room on apartments in Railway Square today, €350 per month available 12th July to Mid-August.
    €50 extra for car parking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 lily lolly

Hi, I know a house for rent in Urseline Court for rent. Three double rooms at really good prices; a lot cheaper than shown on this thread already...
    As this is my first post not sure how I can give details to individuals interested. Advice please!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'm looking for the same thing. Heard from Book A Room on apartments in Railway Square today, €350 per month available 12th July to Mid-August.
    €50 extra for car parking.

That would be paying about 125% over the odds at least. Guarantee you could get a house in Templars Hall for about €150 per month for June/July/August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

callaway92 wrote: »
    That would be paying about 125% over the odds at least. Guarantee you could get a house in Templars Hall for about €150 per month for June/July/August.

A whole house for 150 a month? Not likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Media999 wrote: »
    A whole house for 150 a month? Not likely.

I mean a room obviously, which is what the op wants. (Prob will be house to themselves in the summer anyway :eek: )

Friend of mine got 1 for that incl. internet in 2013 from start of June - August.

So many of the houses are going to be idle that the landlords would be happy to have any sort of take in the summer months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Ah right. Yeah true. Probably even less than 150 if you get 3 people.

Advertisement