Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Disabled Cat in Pollerton Area

Options
  • 08-04-2014 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

My new cat has gone missing from Rathdale in Pollerton. He has a mutation which gave him tiny legs so he can't climb very well. Its possible he may be stuck in someones back garden. He is unfamiliar with the area so I'm worried sick about him :(

He's a 7yr old brownish tabby with black stiped markings and has a collar, very docile and friendly and may respond to the name Tigger. He has very distinctive tiny legs.

I'd be so grateful if anyone that has seen or found him could get in touch with me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Will keep an eye out for him. Hope you're reunited soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

The lost and found thread in Animals and Pets might be worth posting in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭sadista

Thanks guys, appreciate the help/suggestions.

Still no luck so far, I've leafleted all the houses within 100m radius and put up posters etc so hopefully he's in hiding somewhere nearby and will come out of the woodwork when he gets hungry enough. I wish I knew someone with a bloodhound that would be dead handy!

Was just on to previous owner, he told me Tigger is used to being called by whistling so that might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Have you checked down around th eÉire Óg club and the small estate beyond the club grounds? there is a cat here the last while being chased annoyed by a small terrier. tried to get its attention but it is just hanging around, probably belongs to someone in the estate? looks like a small cat but looks more fluffy/furry than your cat judging from the picture but if it was out in the open for a few nights that could explain the puffed out fur.

• Advertisement

That's a fair ways away but I suppose it worth a look, thanks! did you notice if he had stumpy legs? I'd be surprised if he managed to trek that far with those legs lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Looking at your cat again it is much shorter hair than the one here earlier, I also think the cat and terrier that was pestering it are from the same house. Hope you get the cat back safe and well.

I drove down to have a look anyway, didn't see any cats or dogs. I doubt he would have got that far anyway without getting killed along that main road, but I can't rule anything out. Thanks for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Not mine unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I'll keep an eye out, losing an animal is always so tough. Hope you find him safe and well.

Bump. Still missing :(

sadista wrote: »
    Bump. Still missing :(

Aww no! Hope you find him soon.

Hi just to update ye, Tigger returned home safe and sound lastnight! He's a little on the skinny side, but otherwise fine! So relieved to have him home! Thanks for your help and vigilance, appreciate it!

:D:D:D

Tigger.jpg

sadista wrote: »
    Hi just to update ye, Tigger returned home safe and sound lastnight! He's a little on the skinny side, but otherwise fine! So relieved to have him home! Thanks for your help and vigilance, appreciate it!

:D:D:D

Tigger.jpg

Ah that's great news!

Lovely to hear a happy ending :)

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

I want to see his tiny legs...am I a terrible person?:(

Glad he came back :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »

Glad he came back :)

i was feeling bad about it while he was missing but yeah, it sounds pretty hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Glad he is back OP :)

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »

Munchkin Cats, you can get them. They look like this :)

munchkins+cat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

herisson wrote: »

munchkins+cat.jpg

OMG
    arco+iris+meme.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I want one...look at his little legs :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Glad you got your cat back! Mad how they can head off for six weeks and then show up out of the blue. Where do
    They go haha

jonny666 wrote: »
    Glad you got your cat back! Mad how they can head off for six weeks and then show up out of the blue. Where do
    They go haha
    herisson wrote: »

munchkins+cat.jpg

That picture is so cute!

Sometimes cats seem to have second families, they get bored of one and head off for a bit and then out of nowhere they come back!

Advertisement