Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gold Account - Age Setting

• 08-04-2014 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Quick one, I know once the age is set on the account it's set...& not editable. Is this something that can be changed via customer support etc? I stupidly put my sons real age on his profile, not knowing that it would affect things I want to do & play... I wouldn't use the 360 very much, but on the occasions I do, there are restrictions in some games online content etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

You can change it but not to an age that will effect permissions for stuff such as playing EA games online etc.
    Only option here is to make a new account. You can get your subscription time back off the current one if you ring support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You can change it but not to an age that will effect permissions for stuff such as playing EA games online etc.
    Only option here is to make a new account. You can get your subscription time back off the current one if you ring support.

Cheers! What about changing it to age 17, will they allow that? Presumably then it'd roll over to 18 on the set birth day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

I'm not even sure you can do that to be honest. Also I think for some games the account holder only needs to be 16. That's the restriction for ea games like FIFA etc.

I'm assuming here that you've checked content controls and privacy and online safety settings on the console to see if that makes a difference.

If the problem is with an ea or ubisoft game I'd say you will have to mess with your origin/uplay account too though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm not even sure you can do that to be honest. Also I think for some games the account holder only needs to be 16. That's the restriction for ea games like FIFA etc.

I'm assuming here that you've checked content controls and privacy and online safety settings on the console to see if that makes a difference.

If the problem is with an ea or ubisoft game I'd say you will have to mess with your origin/uplay account too though.

I contact EA seperately ages ago, & somehow EA games are sorted now. I've a parent account tied to the main Gold account, & have checked every setting available. You can edit almost anything, except the age set on the profile. Things like purchasing content is a pain as it has to be purchased on the parent profile etc

Advertisement