Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Put someone else's name using my card

Options
  • 08-04-2014 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Whilst using my card to buy tickets online for a friend, i put his name and email in the billing address by mistake. 
    I did however use my password for the visa debit card.
    The money has gone from my account and tickets will be dispatched soon but im wondering will i/he have problems later on?
    Should i get on to the website the tickets were ordered from and let them know, or will everything be ok as i finalized using my visa password?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Joeseph, 

Many thanks for your post. 

If you received confirmation that the payment has been accepted, the company have processed the details. 

We would advise contacting the company to let them that you've included your friend's name and email address as part of the transaction. 

There should be no problems but best to be safe than sorry. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Hi Joeseph, 

Many thanks for your post. 

If you received confirmation that the payment has been accepted, the company have processed the details. 

We would advise contacting the company to let them that you've included your friend's name and email address as part of the transaction. 

There should be no problems but best to be safe than sorry. 

Thanks

Billy

Thanks for the quick reply Billy. Yes i have gotten an email confirming my booking and that tickets will be dispatched as soon as they are printed.
    If i contact them to explain a different name as the one on the card, i'm afraid they might class it as a security breach (protecting themselves i suppose), and as event is only weeks away, I'm afraid to risk any delay. I suppose i should email to be better safe than sorry

Advertisement