Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOOM!!

• 08-04-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

80CE94A1-6EAF-4DB5-931A-34FEAEDCED99_zpshtebcidc.png

Off them 13 weeks but can someone tell me when the cravings stop :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭opo

Different for everyone as they are entirely psychological now.

Should really be easier to handle then when you were in the grips of the physical hook.

Console yourself with that & congratulate yourself with your fine stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭rionn

I cant advise as I am only off them 2 weeks but wanted to congratuate u on getting to 13 weeks.. I soo hope I make it :D feels soo good been rid of the evil stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Ya after 3-4 weeks it gets easier to stay off them,
    But it's when you head out drinking or do something that's really boring
    That's when you would die for 1!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Congrats op

I'm off them 2 years and STILL get a craving now and then so it's normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭souls

96 days into my cigarette free life! was on the electric thing for january,lost it and just said feck it!havent looked back since! best decision of my life :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

duckman!! wrote: »
    80CE94A1-6EAF-4DB5-931A-34FEAEDCED99_zpshtebcidc.png

Off them 13 weeks but can someone tell me when the cravings stop :(

Four years and still get the odd twinge - especially sunny mornings. Rare though, maybe once a month. Please remember that when you did smoke you still craved. Not just once a month but a dozen or more times a day. That can be the only reason you regularly did something so disgusting and that you knew was so harmful .

Most important - avoid telling yourself this LIE " I'm essentially a non smoker now so I'll just have this one, it'll be fine " . It won't be fine because the gaps will get narrower till eventually you are back. Tell yourself " If I get over this craving it'll be longer till the next one comes "

Advertisement