Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get a good home for pony?

• 08-04-2014 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi really need some help in getting a decent home for a pony we can no longer afford to keep? We have had calls and visits aplenty but no serious homes appeared. I really dont want her to end up somewhere terrible?:( Has anyone any experiences that might help us find a bright future for her?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Have you considered offering her on a weeks trial and dropping the pony there yourself? Not only will you have a chance to inspect the place, but you can also tell at the end of the week how well the pony has been kept. The only real way of knowing the home you're selling to is by visiting the home, and by getting talking to the buyers to see what experience and knowledge they have. You could always ask to be kept up to date with the pony too. As with any time you're selling (or buying) though, there's that chance things will go wrong. It's just one of the risks which unfortunately exists. Luckily, there's a better chance of finding a good home than a bad one. :)
    Edit: does the pony have a specific discipline that you could focus your adverts towards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

bacopa wrote: »
    Hi really need some help in getting a decent home for a pony we can no longer afford to keep? We have had calls and visits aplenty but no serious homes appeared. I really dont want her to end up somewhere terrible?:( Has anyone any experiences that might help us find a bright future for her?

Are u allowed say what type a pony it is ? Pm me if you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Have you tried the Pony Club or some Riding schools?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Can you pm me more details please? Am looking for another pony at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bacopa

:)Thanks so much everyone. I had been months debating whether or not to post for help here and within hours of posting, we got an offer of a good home from someone we know and trust!

• Advertisement
Advertisement