Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEO issue with site name and link juice

Options
  • 08-04-2014 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi guys looking for a review of ease of use for a customer I am working with. The layout should work well on all platforms however I am unsure if the site is being penalized with google for the name "Private Jet Charter" when the back links and link juice is "Private jet charter" also - any views I would love to hear from you as always.

site is as stated above with .ae domain

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

There’s an interesting question in all this – some of your links are in English and others in Arabic. If there is a trance of English links all with a link title of “Private Jet Charter” (which is a Penguin no, no buy the way) and others have the same amount of link titles but this time in Arabic – does google have the smarts to understand the link titles in both languages, combine them and say– yea between the Arabic and English links you are spamming on the term “Private Jet Charter”!!?
    The only way to see this is through your webmaster tools, if the profile looks like an overuse of a particular term – them perhaps[s its can be considered spam.
    Just as a heads up: some of the text in the slider under the main one and the para about President Obama are not translating to Arabic (staying in English)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭swordsinfo

Most of the back links would be due to company title hence why the anchor text is the company title. I have been working on article submissions with more well rounded anchor text but if "Private Jet Charter" is the company name and "Private Jet Charter" is the service it seems to be pain!! I have been looking at including location in the anchor text as well as other links back to business jets section. Im not sure what was going on previously but panda in 2012 hit the site extremely hard. I have tried disaov from google but Im not sure if this has been approved or not and if they are still being penilised. I am seeing some improvements on the barracuda panguin tool (a must to see if you been hit) http://www.barracuda-digital.co.uk/panguin-tool-google-analytics-with-google-updates/

From GWT how can I tell if the profile "looks like an overuse" ?

Cheers for the heads up on the news item - I will get onto the guys to translate. They are submitting the articles themselves in the office so I assume they havent been translating the news items

Thanks for your feedback
    B

Advertisement