Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Army Psychometric Tests 2014

Options
  • 08-04-2014 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Does anyone know anything about the psychometric tests for the army? how hard they are? whats asked? ways to prepare?

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

Does anyone know anything about the psychometric tests for the army? how hard they are? whats asked? ways to prepare?

Thanks.

Its very very simple. Done it last year. Very easy

How did ya got on after? did ya get result or anything?

Yeh each test was ranked out of 800 i think. Scored around 700 in both. The maths was quite easy it was basically just sequences of numbers with one number missing and you have to work out the missing one. Verbal was just reading a passage and answering questione. Very easy. The pass score will depend in how well everybody does. They will only take the top 2-300 to the next stage

How long after test was done did they let you know of ur results? Different this year with the online testing

Thanks for your answers :)

Test was the 1st july. Results recieved 20 july. Qualifying score in the numerical reasoning was 385 and verbal was 454. Id say they've gone online to save costs.

Any tips on way i could prepare?

If you got a decent grade in junior cert maths you will be fine.However i bet they will use the same online test provider that they recently used for the garda aptitude tests ( public jobs is in charge of aptitude tests for both competitions) Worst case scenario they will. Google SHL aptitude tests. For sure it will be this site we will be doing our tests on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 conorgreene92

Ok will do :)

You got yours coming up aswell??

• Advertisement

Ok will do :)

You got yours coming up aswell??

We are all in the same boat now. Tests this month. Repeats in june. Then who knows when the interview and medical will be. Pain in the arse to be honest :) we will be lucky to know by septemeber.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ben1994

Does anyone know wheres the best place to go to do a full try out of one? Ive never had to do one before now.

Safe to say the pyscometric will be a walk in the park. Far too easy. Educational requirements should be higher than 2nd class maths and english

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

Anybody else get the emails detailing what to expect for the tests next week?

It looks fairly straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 TacAide

killer91 wrote: »

No not yet but I applied for 1 Brigade, each brigade send their information out at different times, the test however, cover 2 aspects:

Verbal comprehension: how well can you understand and carry out an instruction I think around 40 questions to evaluate (open to correction).

Numerical Reasoning: Sequences of numbers, spot the pattern and work out the equations. Cant remember how many questions there are on that particular test.

But as you said fairly straight forward. Nothing to get stressed over.

• Advertisement

killer91 wrote: »

Yeah i got one this morning, they sent a practice test too and it seemed very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lilgit2

My son passed the fitness and hasntnheard anything..2.of his friends got emails.could there be a problem?

I must say this years test is much trickier than last years. Very time constraining.

I just completed mine there. The time is very tight especially for the maths.

Ben1994 wrote: »
    I just completed mine there. The time is very tight especially for the maths.

Did you manage them all? I didnt. But i know what I answered were all right

twinydavid wrote: »
    Did you manage them all? I didnt. But i know what I answered were all right

I managed all but 2 of the maths questions thats it. I think i got everything else right but im not getting my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Packoman

The time really does fly for the maths.

Is this a pass/fail before the repeat? Or will everyone be called for the repeat?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hammerfist

im pretty sure if you dont pass the unsupervised you wont be sitting the supervised? same process as the gardai..how did everyone find the difficulty for the verbal, was it time constraining aswell as the maths?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Not terribly tough in terms of time (Was very annoyed to miss the last question in the maths) but some of the language used in it was very poor and unclear. Have to just make the best effort in that case and hope it's what they were going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hammerfist

So you get the 24 done in time,. Anyone know what the deal is with negative marking, is it minus half the mark for the question or what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 limk2014

All the questions are easy but the timing is the hardest part. I answered 13 of the 15 maths questions I think, and I know the ones I answered were right and I answered all of the other 24 and I am confident I got them all right. Does anyone have any idea when we'll find out the results or whether we passed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 karas911

If I answered 13 out of 24 questions on the verbal test , what are the chances of me passing??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fallen96

When do you think we will find out or results from the test

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shanemulh92

Did anyone get a response yet, or know when we will be informed?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭callum wallace

Did anyone get a response yet, or know when we will be informed?
    i am the same as you shane i am conscious i have not been replied to yet, has anyone heard anything from them yet?

Would be nice if they told us the dates of results and interviews its nearly holiday season for gods sake! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Irishboy!

Anyone know when we will here something back?

Anyone heard anything back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Irishboy!

Nope, heard nothing atall

• Advertisement

Just got an email about an interview. I assume that means I passed, didn't say anything about the test though.

Advertisement