Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Warden or County Council or Both?

• 08-04-2014 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Our neighbour has a beautiful rottie who spends all day and night outside. We've been here over four months and not once has he seen the inside of her house. He sleeps in a shed with a concrete floor (from what I can see, there is no door on the shed, it's full of rubbish and there is no bed) and periodically howls all throughout the day and night.

On top of the obvious neglect, the garden. smells. AWFUL!
    The owner clearly has never cleaned up the garden - there's patches of it close to the fence where he stands when watching our boy play that is literally covered in, if not entirely made up of, his own faeces. She is absolutely not someone I would be comfortable approaching but I can't sit by and watch her treat the poor thing like this, and never mind the fact that we can't even use our own garden recreationally because of the ferocious smell.

Do we report the whole thing to the warden, or would the council be more efficient? Or maybe both?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

If I were you I'd go to both, if possible to get pics of the garden for the council.

I've run out of words for these type of situations now, if I had to live next door to that I'd lose the head altogether

Good luck, let us know if any progress

Advertisement