Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In credit but can't withdraw cash.

Options
  • 08-04-2014 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭

Hi all, 

I tried to use my card at a BOI atm and it's telling me my maximum withdrawal is zero even though I have credit. I haven't exceeded the daily limit for a transaction. Any help is appreciated. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

It most likely means that there are transactions pending which havent been processed yet.  It's quite common.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

The balance in your account is it from a recent cheque/draft lodgment, something other than cash as cheque/draft can take 3/5 working days to clear. This would reflect as funds being in your account but have not yet cleared as a cheque can be returned unpaid which you would not be able to withdraw. Also is your account is relatively new or a longstanding account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

It's a long standing account but I think you've hit the nail on the head because I cashed a cheque yesterday. Thanks for the advice both of you. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi TimeToShine[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]It looks like you have already received some good advice on this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]As mentioned, a cheque can take time to clear on your account although it will show in the balance of your account while its clearing.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Just to add, a Bank of Ireland cheque will take 3 working days to clear and a non-Bank of Ireland cheque takes 5 working days to clear.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

Advertisement