Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

our recent nights are nothing bad at all compared to elsewhere on the continent, recently our nights have been 14-19C which is warmer than what we are used to, all that needs to be done is open a window or have less blankets etc on the bed and it's easy to sleep. These temperatures at night are really not much different to sleeping in central London at night during the summer, nothing extreme about these temperatures at all. We even had warmer nights than this on several occasions before during heatwaves in the 80s and 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

The strip of perfect clear sky on the satellite on the coast of Wicklow down to Wexford just looks like the satellite is broken and can't show cloud for the area!

I really hope for the people around the whole countries sake that we get an actual proper spell of high pressure weather this summer like last year. As in, 90% of the country will have unbroken sunshine from dawn to dusk. We just haven't had that, we've had stunning mornings and crap cloudy afternoons for the bulk of the country.

I'd much prefer to get what those in East Wicklow etc are getting with full days of not as warm as other places with a cool breeze over getting hotter temperatures but not guaranteed a day of sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

John.Icy wrote: »
    The strip of perfect clear sky on the satellite on the coast of Wicklow down to Wexford just looks like the satelite is broken.
    I can confirm its not :D
    stunning blue sky today and no sea breeze in Arklow.

now 25.3c (yesterday higher but a ways to go yet)

Interesting part both days is no sea breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Sunshine down here in youghal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Sunshine down here in youghal.

Yep, 23, nice and sunny here in Waterford. Beautiful weather. What a summer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Clouds thickening again in mayo,starting to drizzle,cool outside what a disappointing summer this is turning out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Yep, 23, nice and sunny here in Waterford. Beautiful weather. What a summer!

This is more like it :-):-)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Sunny, blue skys, quite bit of a breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Already 26.4c here, typical daytime tops are between 3pm and 6pm! Bit to go yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

yes its such a stunning day here too! about 25 Id say. Its actually hot today, like hot! And Im not always a lover of hot weather (in this country) but with our blugh weather the past 8 months I think this is super! enjoy people!:D (and I am snowgal!) at night I just sleep with a sheet over me, does the job nicely...now if only I didnt have to work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

The weather today can be summed up as follows (taken a short while ago) :-

315611.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

Looks like sunday will bring a bit of a much needed cooldown maybe i'll get to sleep then!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

26c at Oak Park at 1400. Should be looking at somewhere reaching 27c or maybe even 28c today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Now 24.1, which was the peak here (Waterford) yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Stunning day & hot (for here anyway )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Sun came out for a good 3 or 4 minutes here on the coast in mayo,the most sun iv seen in about a week.it was very warm.choked in cloud again now.looks like a breakdown on Saturday but we won't notice it here.

Warmest day of the month here and not too far off warmest day of the year overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Very warm day out there and not too much of a sea breeze. Glorious.

All sorts down at the beach though.. Avoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Possible funnel cloud at the moment looking east of cloonfad co. Roscommon

Hardly a cloud to be seen. Glorious. From the webcam on Waterford City Weather :

a4zJFbl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

Hardly a cloud to be seen. Glorious. From the webcam on Waterford City Weather :

a4zJFbl.jpg

Exact opposite here.... stop rubbing it in. :rolleyes:

26.8c now near Arklow.
    The dog is happy
    27 I am waiting on you :D

Now 27.2! With a sneaky 27.3c earlier when I wasnt looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I already count my blessings that I was born and live in this country. The good significantly outweighs the bad IMHO. If only every year was a combination of Winter 2010/11 and Summer 2013/14, this country would be pure heaven. Even in terms of rain. Gimme the average annual rainfall and more. After all, its what makes this place so lush and green. Just give it to me in more concentrated bursts like this Summer with blue skies in between rather than a constant low level drizzle like normal Irish Summers. Ditto with the Winter Cold. Gimme a month long snow&Ice fest and mild Winter for the rest of the Season every year rather than the usual 4 month dull 5-10ºc wet muck. Same average temp as a normal Irish Winter but constituted differently. Its not like Nov/Dec 2010 meant larger than normal heating bills or anything. Your heating is going to be on whether its a wet 5-10ºc or a Dry -5 to -10ºc anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Suprising how hight the temps are getting in the Dublin area given the steady 10 knot wind off the Irish sea:confused:

Hovering around 27.0c maxed 27.1c a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Well the sea temperature in the Irish Sea would be around 17c at the moment so the impact of the sea-breeze will be much less than earlier in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

25c at Malin Head earlier this afternoon. Not often you see that. I think the record is around 27c

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Err apparently:
    STATUS YELLOW

Blight Warning
    Weather conditions conducive to the spread of Potato Blight will develop at times this week in parts of Munster and Connacht and Donegal. There will be opportunities for spraying.

It's about to happen again lads, time to start packing.

• Advertisement

Screen max 27.3c.

Advertisement