Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Suprising how hight the temps are getting in the Dublin area given the steady 10 knot wind off the Irish sea:confused:

Been around 21C/22C most of the day on the coast in Bray due to the sea breeze alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Feels much fresher now and the permacloud is finally starting to break up. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Max of 24.8C and hazy sunshine in Galway city this afternoon - not too bad at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Being so used to the heat inland now. Feels chilly here in Bray

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

On the seafront with the sea breeze. One road back 100m (Meath Road) and its felt roasting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Calibos wrote: »
    On the seafront with the sea breeze. One road back 100m (Meath Road) and its felt roasting
    No sea breeze in Arklow today unless probably right on the beach but it got going suddenly around 530 dropping the temp back 3 degrees here in jig time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Back in cork city, allergic to being away from youghal.

20℃ & sunny here.

Those sea breezes are great

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Perfect day here with a Max temp of 24.7c recorded. Humidity levels not as high as recent days so not feeling as muggy.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Weather in Cork City was starting to turn quite sunny this evening after 6pm. It should be nice tomorrow if that continues. Looks like the muggy, warm, cloudy stuff is finally breaking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

The wind direction is shifting east,cloud thining here,warmth should develop tomorrow,only to be displaced abruptly on saturday by a cool north westerly. so might just scrap one nice sunny warm day here in west mayo out of the entire fine spell !!! and that's just a maybe.!

There was such potential for some glorious exceptional summer weather but we were cheated out of it. Don't think we will see such an intense air mass again This summer.The contrast today was truely sickening,seeing wall to wall cobalt blue skies elsewhere after enduring nearly 10 days of anticyclonic gloom,low cloud,mist drizzle fog and relatively cool temperatures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Calibos wrote: »
    Its not like Nov/Dec 2010 meant larger than normal heating bills or anything. Your heating is going to be on whether its a wet 5-10ºc or a Dry -5 to -10ºc anyway.

Huh? Our heating bills were waaayyy higher where I was in the west of Ireland in Nov/Dec 2010 than normal. You couldn't keep the house warm, we had to have the heat far longer than usual. It was very noticeably much colder in our house than in average winter weather. Probably down to insulation but a hell of a lot of houses in this country are very poorly insulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The wind direction is shifting east,cloud thining here,warmth should develop tomorrow,only to be displaced abruptly on saturday by a cool north westerly. so might just scrap one nice sunny warm day here in west mayo out of the entire fine spell !!! and that's just a maybe.!

There was such potential for some glorious exceptional summer weather but we were cheated out of it. Don't think we will see such an intense air mass again This summer.The contrast today was truely sickening,seeing wall to wall cobalt blue skies elsewhere after enduring nearly 10 days of anticyclonic gloom,low cloud,mist drizzle fog and relatively cool temperatures.
    Listen to me,here on the east coast this has been the first day I've seen "wall to wall cobalt blue skies" after days of cloud cover. This summer is nowhere near as good as 2013 so don't think you're missing out on anything.
    By the way, I would do anything to get some of the rain that you get in your parts, my garden is a lost cause at this stage due to drought.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Any sparks down Arklow way?, been watching some cells on the radar during my night shift (coming to an end soon thankully) and was wondering? Sat24 is showing a couple strikes over Dublin but its dry here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Notting over wicklow town although a light rain shower has just started now

Listen to me,here on the east coast this has been the first day I've seen "wall to wall cobalt blue skies" after days of cloud cover. This summer is nowhere near as good as 2013 so don't think you're missing out on anything.
    By the way, I would do anything to get some of the rain that you get in your parts, my garden is a lost cause at this stage due to drought.

Nearly every time I talk about Costa Del Bray and Playa Del Arklow I've made a point of describing just how localised it is and can be, so that people didn't get the impression it was the whole of Leinster getting such good weather. EG. On Tuesday the dividing line between blue and grey was Dundrum which is literally 5 minutes up the M50 from Bray. As far as Bray is concerned this Summer has been well up there with 2013. The 'Sunny South East' this Summer has literally extended in a 5 mile wide coastal strip from Bray/Shankill Southwards to Wexford. I've been counting our lucky stars nearly everyday as I watch most morning cloud cover burn off over us and watch convection get going inland in the midlands the other side of the Wicklow mountains and clear mornings there invariably degenerate into overcast afternoons and remains of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

Perfect start to the day here in Greystones...

Lashed rain for 20 - 25 mins earlier (garden watered) and now the sun is about to pop out..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

22 here already this morning. Hoping the showers stay further west today. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

weather set fair till Friday

Then it will break saturday and get warm next week but 22 or 23c

later next week it looks like breaking again for a week this time or 10 days

slight signs of another warm spell after this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Already 22.5°C, plenty of heat to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

22 here already this morning. Hoping the showers stay further west today. :p

Thanks a lot!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

pauldry wrote: »
    weather set fair till Friday

Then it will break saturday and get warm next week but 22 or 23c

later next week it looks like breaking again for a week this time or 10 days

slight signs of another warm spell after this

Yeah - people should make the most of the next few days with the start of August looking damp and rather chilly(compared to July at least!!) out to the middle of the month. This would continue a rather prolonged pattern where August has had more of an Autumnal feel than a summer one since the start of this millenium.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

yeah not warm august really since 2003

last year wasnt too bad

also in the last 10 years the weather after aug 20th has got noticeably cooler esp in the north and west

Hazy sunshine in Bray since 10am after the bulk of the cloud bank cleared and the edge of the haze line has just cleared overhead so it looks like true blue until further notice. (Sea fog??)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

think my weather app is broken, it's telling me it's raining here in cork. the sun is shining here in cork city!! yay!!:cool:

Also i think accuweather website is broken as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

I fear looking at the satellite loop that if anything the cloud over the east is building and thickening, and could build from behind too so no clearance in sight for those in the SE/SSE movement of the cloud. If it does pan out that way, another f**k up by forecasters predicting a great day for much of the east.

NI the place to be today.

EDIT: I see ME got in early this morning to change the forecast to cloudy for much of Leinster! Not good enough, should have been spotted yesterday when activity began over Wales that there was a chance it'd make it over here and be the spur to much greater cloud development than yesterday. They still have Friday down as sunny, let's see if that comes to fruition!

The current 20 mile clear eastern coastal strip might be less than 1 tenth of the country by land area but it's probably 50% of the population.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Hazy sunshine here with a Max temp of 25.1c so far. Humidity levels higher today so feeling very warm/muggy.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

21C here, certainly cooler and much cloudier than yesterday. It was 24C this time yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

Really starting to clear up here in Blanchardstown :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Warmest day of the year now here in Waterford, 26.

Advertisement