Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nippy isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Nippy isn't it?

No!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Not rubbing it in, but its lovely down here in cork. Sun out and 18℃wouldn't mind sun epic rain though

I've gotta say have been travelling between youghal and tramore a lot this year & the weather has just been excellent. Sunny south east indeed, I think I experience 2 days of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

One of the best days we've seen here in Achill for a while. Blue skies and a fresh breeze, just starting to cloud up now in the evening.

Feel like I'm posting from a parallel universe. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

You deserve a bit of "yah-boo thumbs nose at east coast" weather! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

horrendous day here, been raining for almost 24 hours, dark, cold all day long. Worst day ive seen in months, hopefully there won't be too many of these days during August.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Gonzo wrote: »
    horrendous day here, been raining for almost 24 hours, dark, cold all day long. Worst day ive seen in months, hopefully there won't be too many of these days during August.

Unwelcome opinion below

Its a welcome change, watering the grass and plants

I am actually happy to see it !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Unwelcome opinion below

Its a welcome change, watering the grass and plants

I am actually happy to see it !

3495821-6962961747-24230.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

3495821-6962961747-24230.gif

Yeah yeah yeah

Bash the tree hugger :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Good job this is out in FI. I think I've had my fill of southerly tracking lows this year!

RT7cBbE.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

hello Bertha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

hello Bertha.

at201403_ensmodel.gif

Ah, shíte. I was hoping for some decent sunny weather this August.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

6pm Friday to 5pm Sunday nearly continual rain here in Leitrim. A number of local events cancelled because of the weather. Normal holiday weekend I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

alfa beta wrote: »
    Bray and Waterford - definitely the places to be for summer 2014.

I'm on west waterford coast - ardmore to be precise - and the weather pretty much all summer has been incredible, holidays with the small fella flying by. Amazing how often this year you can look out to sea and see blue skies, turn around and look north and see darkish clouds (today was exactly like that).

Makes up for never ever ever ever getting snow in winter (not even that Christmas when everywhere else in the country was buried!!!)

Have to add Wexford to that list - 10 mins from Kilmore Quay. I'm noting where because while we've had almost non-stop glorious days here, there have been days of showers in Wexford town.

Even this weekend, while there have been some showers, it hasn't been a hindrance to BBQ's and the like. I was afraid we would miss all the good weather while we were sweltering in Dublin but all in all, we've had a great summer so far. Long may it continue, and shortly we can wish for snow!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Wall to wall sunshine down here in youghal :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Very Autumnal look to the models this morning. Seems like the long run of Autumn-like Augusts won't be broken this year at least. Some mentioned elsewhere that it might be to do with February becoming a Spring month in recent years but who knows??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Blue skies in Kilmore Quay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Gorgeous day in Galway too. Sunny, 21.4C and feeling very summery :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

next week is looking very cool and unsettled indeed, temperatures will struggle to hit mid-teens in places. Seems like we've seen the height of the summer already, this August looks like it's going to be a very typical cooler and wetter than average summer month. There is always hope for September, quite often our September's work out better than August.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

Just has a torrential downpour in Letterkenny. Got absolutely soaked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Gonzo wrote: »
    next week is looking very cool and unsettled indeed, temperatures will struggle to hit mid-teens in places. Seems like we've seen the height of the summer already, this August looks like it's going to be a very typical cooler and wetter than average summer month. There is always hope for September, quite often our September's work out better than August.

September can be decent. Especcially the first week. But the nights are drawing in fast and oppertunity for some "beach" weather disappears by the second week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Well today's max in Arklow earlier was 22.4c typical for the summer.
    It is now of course lashing rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

Hi. Can anyone give me a forecast for Killarney for tomorrow and Thursday. Is the area likely to stay dry? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Very warm sunny blue sky day in Bray today. Wicklow mountains doing their cloud shield job and Trogdors Bray station reading 23.9ºc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Calibos wrote: »
    Very warm sunny blue sky day in Bray today. Wicklow mountains doing their cloud shield job and Trogdors Bray station reading 23.9ºc
    Yup got a 24c on the dot down in Arklow.
    Went over after a later lunch to Clogga strand for a gawk and on the cliff high up overlooking the blue sea,not a breath of sea breeze,it was like France somewhere :)

The conditions this year have made some eastern coastal margins south of Dublin from Wicklow to parts of Waterford have one very special summer.
    I've had an incredible number of days reach the mid 20's,a criterion often reserved for an Irish heat wave and nearly every single day has hit 22c at some point even yesterday despite its rain!
    We better shut up now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Not weather related but skies are clear tonight and theres a nice bright pass from the ISS at 2223 .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hit 24.1 today and 21 or a little above last two days, summer not over by a long shot.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

ECMWF showing high pressure may build towards the end of next week... just in time for the start of the premiership season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Video wrote: »
    ECMWF showing high pressure may build towards the end of next week... just in time for the start of the premiership season!

And the All Ireland Hurling/Football Semi's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Video wrote: »

Ya, Great!
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement