Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Iphone 4s

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

there is no such thing as a “free lunch”, but thank you for the info...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

tesco deal looks good, just buying the phone now lol
    why dont teso sell iphone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

it was in relation to someone paying €100 for a 3gs, if you read the initial post. I wasnt gloating, I was merely pointing out that when it comes to apple, people lose the run of themselves.
    It must have had flappy birds installed on it.

I dropped my 2 year old Huawei g300 a couple of days ago and smashed the screen.

I bought a new Huawei Y300 for 80 euros on Meteor. Got it unlocked for 3 euros from Ebay.

I am on 3 prepay because of the 'all you can eat data' for 20 euros a month. I probably only spend a fiver a month on calls and texts but I use a load of data.
    Google play store allows you to buy apps using phone credit so I subscribe to Google Play Music which costs a tenner a month and that leaves me with another 5 euros to spend in the app store on peppa pig games for the kids.

I don't think three make very much money from me as a customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

Akrasia wrote: »
    I dropped my 2 year old Huawei g300 a couple of days ago and smashed the screen.

I bought a new Huawei Y300 for 80 euros on Meteor. Got it unlocked for 3 euros from Ebay.

I am on 3 prepay because of the 'all you can eat data' for 20 euros a month. I probably only spend a fiver a month on calls and texts but I use a load of data.
    Google play store allows you to buy apps using phone credit so I subscribe to Google Play Music which costs a tenner a month and that leaves me with another 5 euros to spend in the app store on peppa pig games for the kids.

I didn't know you could use your credit for Google play music sub and for purchasing apps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Akrasia wrote: »

Three don't make any money here at all, their parent company has been subsidising them. They're also getting rid of the all you can eat packages

mcw92 wrote: »
    I didn't know you could use your credit for Google play music sub and for purchasing apps?

Yeah. When you're buying the app, you probably have your payment details saved on your google account. When it's asking you to confirm payment, just touch the payment details and a box with 'payment options' opens and you can choose to pay using your mobile phone account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Three don't make any money here at all, their parent company has been subsidising them. They're also getting rid of the all you can eat packages

any idea of when they are getting rid of the all you can eat packages?

any idea of when they are getting rid of the all you can eat packages?

June
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057182660

• Advertisement

If you read on, you will see one the Three admins saying it will more than likely be extented.

If you read on, you will see one the Three admins saying it will more than likely be extented.

Admins? You mean the sales rep? If you believe that......

Admins? You mean the sales rep? If you believe that......

Yes them.......

I have no reason not to believe that a Three sales rep said a deal 'might' be extended.
    Every deal for everything has an expiry date, it does not mean this Three deal cannot be renewed and given a new expiry date.

I seriously doubt Three are going to drop this plan/deal.

I seriously doubt Three are going to drop this plan/deal.

They may have no choice if they want to make money, they're years in the Irish market and have not made a single cent, they'll have to make money at some stage. None of the other providers offer AYCE, for very good reason, it's not sustainable. One thing is for sure, it won't last forever. Clever marketing though.

They may have no choice if they want to make money, they're years in the Irish market and have not made a single cent, they'll have to make money at some stage. None of the other providers offer AYCE, for very good reason, it's not sustainable.

Oks it's reasonable I suppose.they might just stick a limit on it(afaik it's 15gb limit atm but they just don't enforce it?)

But I wouldn't inform someone not to join three now because their worried about this deal ending in june/july.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I'm liking the tesco price plan. Think me and my sim free iphone might be about to part ways with O2 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Mr.S wrote: »
    a phone that is ~2 years old!
    mad muffin wrote: »
    No good for anything unless you don't need any apps or music on the phone.

If you take any photos (8MP is the only option) or video (1080P is the only option) you'll soon run out of memory.

Terrible how fast time flies. I remember these being the most sophisticated mobile ever:

apple-iphone4S.jpg

Advertisement