Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharging....?

Options
  • 08-04-2014 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I signed up as an existing NGB customer for eFibre now that it is in my area. Was pretty pleased with myself until my next door neighbour tells me that he has signed up for EXACTLY the same product with Vodafone for €35 per month. How can Vodafone sell Eircom's product for €15 per month LESS than Eircom??? Thats €270 over the contract period - that is just nuts!!! Hopefully you have an explanation for this or else it's just pure and simple overcharging? 

Vodafone's offer is not introductory and terms are the same: https://www.vodafone.ie/home-phone-broadband/simply-broadband-max/

I'm very interested to hear your views and hopefully something can be done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

because they bulk buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭sumo12

Bulk buy? From the people with all the bulk? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Sumo12,

We can only advise you of eircom products and services. We would be unable to comment on that of another provider.

Tony

Hi Sumo12,

We can only advise you of eircom products and services. We would be unable to comment on that of another provider.

Tony
    Hi Tony
    Thanks for the reply. Ok let me rephrase the question then. Why are Eircom charging €50 per month for this product ? Are you not interested in pricing your products competitively?

Blair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Blair,

It would of course be in our best interest to offer the best value for money and have the most competitive prices and this is something that we continuously look to improve . Our prices however are in compliance with Comreg the regulator.

Thanks,

Tony

• Advertisement

Haha I get it. I'm now stuck in an 18 month contract so it's "tough luck". I don't mind paying once the service works, which to be fair the NGB was always fine. I don't have high expectations from Eircom so therefore I am rarely disappointed.

Advertisement