Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arcade buttons

Options
  • 08-04-2014 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭

I just added 6 more buttons and I am almost finished my Cab and realise I need some more buttons for exiting emulators or when using the PS emu if I need to press select. I just need 2 concave buttons and dont need the micro switches as I still have 2, I would use ebay but they fleece you on the postage.

I am planning to mounting them beside the 2 start buttons. Here is what my cab looks like so far
    302291.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Are you using an ipac/jpac? If so, you know they have shifted functions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Myrddin wrote: »
    Are you using an ipac/jpac? If so, you know they have shifted functions?

No, unfortunately I am using a XinMo interface board which behaves like 2 joypads, There appears to be a bug in Maximus arcade which I am using as my front end that wont allow me to exit using a button combinations but will let me exit an emulator on a single button press, I have the 2 start buttons programed as start and credit together which seems like a workable solution. but I need at least one more button to act as ext.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

No, unfortunately I am using a XinMo interface board which behaves like 2 joypads, There appears to be a bug in Maximus arcade which I am using as my front end that wont allow me to exit using a button combinations but will let me exit an emulator on a single button press, I have the 2 start buttons programed as start and credit together which seems like a workable solution. but I need at least one more button to act as ext.

Ah I see. In that case, & if I were you, I'd hide those additional buttons you want to add on the underside of the cp so as to keep the cab looking proper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I've a couple buttons there, where are you based?
    I think I've green, blue and possibly a few red too

I've a couple buttons there, where are you based?
    I think I've green, blue and possibly a few red too

great, I am in Dublin 5, Raheny. How much are you looking for 2 of them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

Chris I can sort you out for a few buttons, if you are passing, cab is looking well..

Cheers, I am talking with CathalDublin through pm. If I don't get sorted I will give you a buzz.

Popped 2 blue buttons with micro-switches in the post to you today.

Popped 2 blue buttons with micro-switches in the post to you today.

I got them today, Thank you very much.
    303540.jpg

no probs, now pics of the final project!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,213 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I have the same XinMo controller in mine.

If you're using Maximus arcade then I assume that you're doing something that's PC based.

In that case you can use xPadder to provide a software solution for shifted keys. For instance on my cab if I press Coin 1 + P1 it sends the 'ESC' command.

If I do Coin 1 + Button 1 it does Volume Up for example.

MrVestek wrote: »
    I have the same XinMo controller in mine.

If you're using Maximus arcade then I assume that you're doing something that's PC based.

In that case you can use xPadder to provide a software solution for shifted keys. For instance on my cab if I press Coin 1 + P1 it sends the 'ESC' command.

If I do Coin 1 + Button 1 it does Volume Up for example.

I got it sorted now and us different button combos for diffrent things from with in Maximus itself, I will update my build tread soon just need to find some time as I have been snowed under with work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement