Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A dogs bucket list.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Ah here time lord :-(
    Who's chopping onions around here?
    *sniff*
    *sniff*
    :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I wasn't expecting the pictures....

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting the pictures....

This would be the saddest pic for me from the set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I never want my dog to go. :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Poxy hay fever or something.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,112 ✭✭✭✭beertons

That's lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I'm going to be the naysayer and annoy everyone, but if I had a dog that was dying, I wouldn't make the poor thing get dressed up like that. And how amazingly lucky that they found a puppy and not an adult dog that needed adopting.

You can all abuse me now, I don't mind, I'm expecting it ;)

muddypaws wrote: »

You can all abuse me now, I don't mind, I'm expecting it ;)

Bah humbug!

;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

sadie06 wrote: »
    I never want my dog to go. :-(

That's what I was thinking too. Think I'll go and give him a hug whether he needs one or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

I have to say agree with muddypaws on this one.

While the photos are sad looking at the poor dog get older / sicker etc personally I wouldnt dress my dog up etc. But to each their own he had a good life the poor pet!

On this topic guys what (do you think) your dogs bucket list be?

Mine would be....

1. Swimming (he's obsessed)
    2. Chicken (again obsessed)
    3. Sleeping in our bed (again obsessed.. hope your seeing the trend here)
    4. Just lots of lazy couch days, cuddles...

If im truely honest the top of his bucket list would be for once... just once he could catch a bird (not that i would allow it) but he is tormented by them...morning... noon and night... so if he could speak human that is... his would def be get a bird or chase a cat :D

God even thinking about my poor guy leaving me sends a shiver down my spine...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Oh it will be very hard when the time comes :(

Ah, I don't know... A lot of dogs seem to love all the attention that comes with getting dressed up, I think he looks like a happy dog throughout, delighted with himself even!
    I haven't had the misfortune of a dog being diagnosed with bone cancer, but I have owned and known dogs who lived perfectly normal, happy, pain-free lives following diagnosis with other cancers, only succumbing to it hours before they died.
    So I didn't read this as the owner forcing a dog who was feeling crap into doing stuff he didn't want to do. It seems a lovely tribute to a fun-loving dog who clearly was a great character. Each to their own, I suppose.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I think it was sweet will give the owner lovely memories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

cocker5 wrote: »
    I have to say agree with muddypaws on this one.

While the photos are sad looking at the poor dog get older / sicker etc personally I wouldnt dress my dog up etc. But to each their own he had a good life the poor pet!

On this topic guys what (do you think) your dogs bucket list be?

Mine would be....

1. Swimming (he's obsessed)
    2. Chicken (again obsessed)
    3. Sleeping in our bed (again obsessed.. hope your seeing the trend here)
    4. Just lots of lazy couch days, cuddles...

If im truely honest the top of his bucket list would be for once... just once he could catch a bird (not that i would allow it) but he is tormented by them...morning... noon and night... so if he could speak human that is... his would def be get a bird or chase a cat :D

God even thinking about my poor guy leaving me sends a shiver down my spine...:o

I'm with you on the dressing up and also with DBB - that makes me crazy :confused:

I'd have trouble with a Bucket List. He does what he wants most of the time - if he wants to come up the field with me he does, if not ... He loves chasing quads so I'd probably borrow one and let him fill his boots.

I suppose his most favourite thing would be to sit up at table with us - we'd probably just have to chop the legs off the table so we could all have meals together.

Ditto your last :(

Advertisement