Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS for 6 PCs

Options
  • 08-04-2014 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    We have 6 high-end DELL PCs in our office. It's critical that these PCs are not impacted by a power loss in our building.

I'm looking into purchasing a UPS unit to generate enough power for 30 minutes at minimum for the 6 PCs. They each have a 500w power unit and there is 12 monitors in total.

What type of UPS should I be looking to purchase? I'm browsing around Amazon and checking out UPSs such as this one but I'm not familiar with the metrics they mention and I'm unsure what the device will actually offer in terms of how many PCs powered and for what duration.

Please help! :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Well, the one you've linked to is an American model, and as such will have American style sockets and will output 110v. Also worth noting that of the ten sockets at the back, only five have a battery backup and surge protection, the remaining five are surge protected only. I hope I'm misreading this, but the thread title "UPS for 6 PCs" would suggest that you are planning on plugging 6 PC's into one UPS device. If that is the case, then I'd suggest having a separate, smaller unit for each PC, rather than a big UPS in the corner trying to keep everything going.

Advertisement