Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dalkey boat rental

• 08-04-2014 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone knows if dalkey are renting boats now?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭shnburn

Seller159 wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone knows if dalkey are renting boats now?

Thanks

Bullock harber rents them think its 20 an hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

shnburn wrote: »

20-25 depending on who you get it off. There's a nasty bunch there so avoid them.
    Also this time of year it's quite rough so give it a month or so for good weather and calmer waters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Seller159

An do you know are they renting now atm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

I was there today for a different reason, all hire boats still upsidedown on the hard.

20-25 depending on who you get it off. There's a nasty bunch there so avoid them.
    Also this time of year it's quite rough so give it a month or so for good weather and calmer waters
    Thanks alot man will do.

I wouldnt go out on a bad day id wait till had a nice sunny day yeno them head out:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭shnburn

An do you know are they renting now atm?

Not sure if there renting them now saw them back in the water few weeks ago so say they might be

Not sure if there renting them now saw them back in the water few weeks ago so say they might be

Ok thanks. Iv never done it before so been dieing to get out on one and do bit fishing :)

Ok thanks. Iv never done it before so been dieing to get out on one and do bit fishing :)

Have you driven a boat before. If not I recommend you go out with someone who has and learn from them.
    Too many young lads go out and assume they know what they're doing and can end up being a bad day for everyone.

Have you driven a boat before. If not I recommend you go out with someone who has and learn from them.
    Too many young lads go out and assume they know what they're doing and can end up being a bad day for everyone.

No i havent but could just row it out lol. I would defo bring someone with me anyhow better that way

Jays us don't row. Current out there can move that boat a hell of a lot faster than you can row.
    Go out with someone that can drive and learn that way

• Advertisement

Jays us don't row. Current out there can move that boat a hell of a lot faster than you can row.
    Go out with someone that can drive and learn that way

Yeah i will do :) thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

U need to get out early on the good days, or be left waiting hours for a boat to return.

goz83 wrote: »
    U need to get out early on the good days, or be left waiting hours for a boat to return.

Really well dont fancy waiting around lol thanks for heads up :). Do you know time they are there or open ?

Really well dont fancy waiting around lol thanks for heads up :). Do you know time they are there or open ?

I met them during mackerel season at 8 in morning to collect a boat.

I met them during mackerel season at 8 in morning to collect a boat.

Oh really and did you have to ring them up or where they just there?

Oh really and did you have to ring them up or where they just there?

Well I rang them up the day before to arrange it

Well I rang them up the day before to arrange it

So id be better of to do that then would i?

So id be better of to do that then would i?

Yeah but as was said I don't know if they're open this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gumpy2

Don't go near them nasty bunch if u are tho go to me man down the end, I'd personally go to Wicklow town cheaper and much better boats

gumpy2 wrote: »
    Don't go near them nasty bunch if u are tho go to me man down the end, I'd personally go to Wicklow town cheaper and much better boats

Was at wicklow yesturday and its 120€ for 5 hours i think or sumtin which is bit much for bit of fishing i think?

Whats prices like at dalky,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

€20 an hour last year dunno bout this year yet, haven't been down

21/25

uch wrote: »
    €20 an hour last year dunno bout this year yet, haven't been down
    Thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jblowsdsl

Guys I'm new to this. Can you tell me what equipment do you need when you're fishing from a rental boat? What fishing equipment and bate do I need?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭MWforumfisher

jblowsdsl wrote: »
    Guys I'm new to this. Can you tell me what equipment do you need when you're fishing from a rental boat? What fishing equipment and bate do I need?

You can use mackerel feathers and a 3 Oz weight, keep jigging it up and down and you get mackerel and make even pollack.
    You could also use ragworm drop it down on the same Weight right to the bottom, you could pick up flatfish, cod, bass etc if they're about.
    There are special rods designed for boats but I just use my 10 ft beachcaster, have no problems using it on a boat yet. 10 lb+ line.

Advertisement