Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Outlook 2003 issue

• 08-04-2014 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Since importing some archived email from a HD (G:\MS Outlook\Outlook backup 08/06/2010.pst) to my MS Outlook Inbox, the following message continually appears after sending mail/receiving mail/opening Outlook....'Personal Folders. The path specified for the file G:\MS Outlook\Outlook backup 08/06/2010.pst is not valid' It appears that Outlook is trying to connect to this source for some reason.....how do I stop this message appearing? Thanks.
    Post edited by yoyo on

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Maidhci wrote: »
    Since importing some archived email from a HD (G:\MS Outlook\Outlook backup 08/06/2010.pst) to my MS Outlook Inbox, the following message continually appears after sending mail/receiving mail/opening Outlook....'Personal Folders. The path specified for the file G:\MS Outlook\Outlook backup 08/06/2010.pst is not valid' It appears that Outlook is trying to connect to this source for some reason.....how do I stop this message appearing? Thanks.

Go into tools>Account Settings (from memory it's under the tools menu) and remove the 08/06/2010.pst from Outlook Data files. Once removed Outlook won't attempt to update it

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

yoyo wrote: »
    Go into tools>Account Settings (from memory it's under the tools menu) and remove the 08/06/2010.pst from Outlook Data files. Once removed Outlook won't attempt to update it

Nick

Thanks Nick, found this last evening through trial and error. Issue is now resolved, thank you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Do not bump old threads. Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement