Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to celbridge

Options
  • 08-04-2014 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

We are thinking to move in Celbridge .
    A colleague suggested to look for a house in The Grove on the Ardclough Road.
    Any info for this estate? We are a young couple with young kids. Is it a good estate for a young couple or will be mainly older families living there?
    Any troubles or anti-social behaviour in the Estate?
    Any info or advice will be highly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

The Grove is a more mature estate and less likely to have many younger children around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

We are in the Grove for 10 years and happy there. Its generally a quiet place with a mix of age groups and families. We are at the end of one of the roads so have little passing traffic etc.

As mentioned there are not a lot of young children compared to the newer estates but there are some.

There are a number of rented houses too. We had a group of young Irish women renting near us for a year or so and had an occasional noisy party to deal with but otherwise very quiet.

It is well located for the village, shops, public transpoort etc.

There can be teenagers/youths from around the town congregating at the green at the front of the estate, especially in summer, so if the house you are looking at is in the front street that might be something to consder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

The estate next to the grove is great for young kids. Either Simmonstown manor, hazel hatch and I think it's called callenders mill is full of young kids. A lot would go to the new mixed school st patricks which is only a few minutes walk away and the new mixed secondary will be built on beside st patricks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 poppy1974

Thanks a lot for the replies.

I ll have a look at the estates nearby as well.

I just like the Grove cause it seems to be a mature estate and i hope that the houses have a good structure.

The rental houses in the Grove are mainly the detached or the semi detatched if you know by any chance?
    Also, one more thing, is it easy to heat these houses, do they have good insulation?

Thanks a lot in advance.

poppy1974 wrote: »
    The rental houses in the Grove are mainly the detached or the semi detatched if you know by any chance?

I'd say some of all the types are rented.

There ar eonly a few fully detached houses and one or two are rented i think
    Also, one more thing, is it easy to heat these houses, do they have good insulation?

Thanks a lot in advance

I'd say it depends on the style and when it was built as the estate was not all built on one go

In our case we did up the house as it only had single glazed wooden windows etc. It was pretty cold until we installed the modern ones.

we also put in some additional insulation etc. It is fine now

• Advertisement

Really appreciate all the info.

We are thinking to view the house that is for sale in The Grove

is that this one:

http://www.daft.ie/sales/155-the-grove-celbridge-kildare/586599/

If it is the one I'd say:

It's one of the tyoes that sells itself as "Detached" but is actually attached by the garage next door - however, as its on a corner this is less of an issue

It operated as a creche so may need a lot of decorating work

I'd say, like the houses generally that have not had some work, that it will need some updating - insulation, kitchen, bathroom etc

Its in a good location as it looks out at the Green at the back of the estate which doesn't get gatherings of youths like at the front

Yes Riskymove, it s this one in The Grove.

It seems to be on a good spot as you say.
    I ll arrange a viewing next week to see how much work it needs inside.

Thanks a lot for all the help
    I ll let you know what I think once I view the house :-)

Advertisement