Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparative study

• 08-04-2014 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how do I approach a Cultural context question? What do i discuss in it? I'm not sure what I have to talk about and compare... I'm studying Sive, I'm not scared and Purple hibiscus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lannnnnnny

Really its about the society that the texts are set. I'm doing I'm Not Scared and Sive also, so when it comes to Cultural Context I usually look at the role of women, religion, society, poverty, relationships etc and all of these are easily linked between both them texts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

lannnnnnny wrote: »
    Really its about the society that the texts are set. I'm doing I'm Not Scared and Sive also, so when it comes to Cultural Context I usually look at the role of women, religion, society, poverty, relationships etc and all of these are easily linked between both them texts :)

Thanks man! Any idea on vision and viewpoint?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dollybird20

We are studying Catcher in the Rye, How Many Miles to Babylon and I'm Not Scared for comparative. Anyone have any ideas how I would compare Catcher in the Rye to the other two texts? Isolation is the theme we chose but in relation to literary genre and general vision and viewpoint, I am a little confused... please help!!!

Advertisement