Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early flight: Travel and accommodation

Options
  • 09-04-2014 6:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi
    What is the cheapest option for getting a 6am flight from Cork for a student who is visiting us after Easter? She will be traveling down from Limerick, will arrive late the night before flight as there are no night buses.
    She suggested sleeping in airport from 12-4 but I assume it closes at night. Is there cheap accommodation near the airport? Otherwise she has suggested couch surfing in city, but then I assume she will need a taxi in morning.
    We don't know Cork very well so any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

minnow wrote: »
    Hi
    What is the cheapest option for getting a 6am flight from Cork for a student who is visiting us after Easter? She will be traveling down from Limerick, will arrive late the night before flight as there are no night buses.
    She suggested sleeping in airport from 12-4 but I assume it closes at night. Is there cheap accommodation near the airport? Otherwise she has suggested couch surfing in city, but then I assume she will need a taxi in morning.
    We don't know Cork very well so any help would be much appreciated.
    Plenty of people stay in the airport overnight. Theres no real cheap places to stay. The radison blue would the the cheaper of the 2 hotels there and is about a 2 min walk from the terminal. Theres a travel lodge nearby too but is a decent walk away up a big hill. This is probably cheaper than the radison but by time a taxi is paid for there might not be a big diffefence.
    If its only from 12-4 id stay there. Nowhere comfy to sleep but theres free wifi and vendinv machines scattered around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

I would check out the two airport hotels on the price comparison sites? You might be able to get a deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭minnow

oakshade wrote: »
    I would check out the two airport hotels on the price comparison sites? You might be able to get a deal?

Thanks to all for assistance. I checked online for hotel prices: Travel Lodge Eur 55, Radisson Eur 110. I think she will opt for a seat in the airport :)

Thanks

Advertisement