Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black stone cherry-The Academy-23 October

Options
  • 09-04-2014 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Just announced on twitter!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Deadly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Any word on Airbourne supporting them for this night as they are support on the UK tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Any price yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

€20.40 per ticket, fcuk that's good value, on sale this friday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Any word on Airbourne supporting them for this night as they are support on the UK tour?

Have you been to the Academy?? Not a chance they are doing 8,000 + capacity arenas in the UK

• Advertisement

Well there be a pre sale for tickets.
    Steal of a price of a band like them

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Also playin Mandella Hall on the 24th

According to Bansintown it says Theory of a Deadman are supporting them here too

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I remember last year when Airbourne played here, Joel said they'll be back fairly soon, which I hope means they'll announce their own date, which would be great.
    But if its within a week of the BSC gig, it would be nearly impossible to get to both for anyone coming from the west coast (travel costs, time off work, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

I have the 18th, 19th and 20th of Oct already booked off work and when I saw this gig today I just booked the week off! I had tickets, flights and accom to see them in Glasgow and had to cancel the trip so not missing this. Also, it's the girlfriends birthday on the 24th so she will be getting a trip to Dublin as her pressie :pac:

• Advertisement

Is there any need to get up at 9am to buy tickets? Will it sell out that quick? I have never been to the academy so have no idea what size it is.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Is there any need to get up at 9am to buy tickets? Will it sell out that quick? I have never been to the academy so have no idea what size it is.

Holds 850, and they're doing huge (10,000) arenas in UK.

Its a funny one,,could sell out straight away, I think it'll be gone by 11

scudzilla wrote: »

Well in that case I will be up at 9 to get online. Strange that they are doing a gig there when it's so small compared to UK dates. Would they not be better off playing somewhere in Dublin like the INEC in Killarney if such a venue exists (I can't think of somewhere like that in Dublin)

Dont think it will sell out that quick imo . Yea they are doing arena's in the UK but dont think they are as big over here. It will def sell out eventually

Well in that case I will be up at 9 to get online. Strange that they are doing a gig there when it's so small compared to UK dates. Would they not be better off playing somewhere in Dublin like the INEC in Killarney if such a venue exists (I can't think of somewhere like that in Dublin)

That's an issue that has reared it's ugly head on these forums for years.

In Dublin we have Olympia/Vicar Street/Academy, all around or just under 1,000 capacity, then the next size up is The O2 at 14,000.

Another reason they're probably up for doing these 2 small Irish gigs is as a warm up, they have their biggest ever tour coming up in UK, and by playing 2 small Irish gigs will give them the chance to get ready for the Arena's

That's an issue that has reared it's ugly head on these forums for years.

In Dublin we have Olympia/Vicar Street/Academy, all around or just under 1,000 capacity, then the next size up is The O2 at 14,000.

Another reason they're probably up for doing these 2 small Irish gigs is as a warm up, they have their biggest ever tour coming up in UK, and by playing 2 small Irish gigs will give them the chance to get ready for the Arena's

Well I am delighted they are playing Dublin. I think I will get the tickets in the morning just to be safe and have peace of mind. I had tickets for their Glasgow show in February and flights and a hotel booked and had to cancel the whole lot so definitely want to catch this show.

Thanks for the info.

There last gig sold out quick. I don't want to drive 40mins to buy a ticket and find out it is sold out. Would I get a ticket online easy?

cena wrote: »
    There last gig sold out quick. I don't want to drive 40mins to buy a ticket and find out it is sold out. Would I get a ticket online easy?

I've never had a problem getting online tickets for any gig. Patience is key. If you're on at 9am then you will get tickets by just waiting

Got to get 6 tickets as now have 4 coming over from the UK for it, party at scud's gaff it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Got to get 6 tickets as now have 4 coming over from the UK for it, party at scud's gaff it is :D

Six Fiesta Del Fuego packages? :P;)

• Advertisement

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Six Fiesta Del Fuego packages? :P;)

Fiesta del fuego me hole, ya don't need early entry in The Academy and a hoodie and sweatband on top, no thanks.

Got me 6 tickets, went to TM in Navan, huge queue there for 1 direction and kanye west tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Thought €85 was a bit much now!

Got 2 tickets online at 9am, was pretty happy :D:D

There was semi lag on the site, guess that was the One Direction Infection!

Got two tickets just now, €85 for the package was crazy! Looking forward to it now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Is that all the package gets you? A hoodie, wristband and early entry (completely unneccessary in the Academy as said) for €85? Wow.....

blastman wrote: »
    Is that all the package gets you? A hoodie, wristband and early entry (completely unneccessary in the Academy as said) for €85? Wow.....

Yep

1 Standing ticket
    1 Early Entrance into the venue
    1 Exclusive Design Black Stone Cherry T-Shirt
    1 Black Stone Cherry Embroidered Sweatband

Sorry, not even a hoodie, a t-shirt that can be picked up for what, 20euro on night, 10 at most for a sweatband and 20 for ticket, that's 50 yet they're charging 85!!!

I can't believe it isn't sold out yet.

Yikes, only 800 capacity! That's nuts. I know they aren't well known but I thought they would have 800 fans in Ireland. And today was pay day too :pac:

Yikes, only 800 capacity! That's nuts. I know they aren't well known but I thought they would have 800 fans in Ireland. And today was pay day too :pac:

They sold out in no time last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

Played Whelans last time.

• Advertisement

Is the academy that much bigger than whelans?

Advertisement