Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS Vita Must Haves??

Options
  • 09-04-2014 9:48am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok folks I got my hands on a PS Vita last night so am looking for must have games for it.

I already have the following:

Unit 13
    Assasins Creed 3
    Metal Gear Collection HD

I also got the last 2-3 months of ps plus games :)

Also anyone any idea where to get cheaper memory cards for it please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Tearaway is brilliant and it definitely worth playing.

Amazon have discounts on memory cards fairly often and you can set up a price watch on Camel camel camel.

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

As cdb says, Tearaway is fantastic.

You should also think about:

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
    Guacamelee
    Hotline Miami
    Thomas Was Alone
    Spelunky
    FEZ
    Final Fantasy X HD
    LUFTRAUSERS
    OlliOlli
    Killzone Mercenary

the Rayman games (Origins and Legends)
    and Velocity Ultra

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Otacon wrote: »

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
    Guacamelee
    Hotline Miami
    Thomas Was Alone
    Spelunky
    FEZ
    Final Fantasy X HD
    LUFTRAUSERS
    OlliOlli
    Killzone Mercenary

and Velocity Ultra

Brilliant, I got Hotline Miami on PS+ and I likes it :)

Picked up a 4gb card sedond hand in Gamestop for €6 if anyone is looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
    Guacamelee
    Hotline Miami
    Thomas Was Alone
    Spelunky
    FEZ
    Final Fantasy X HD
    LUFTRAUSERS
    OlliOlli
    Killzone Mercenary
    and Velocity Ultra

Good list.

Hotline miami for me anyway is the stand out indy game on the system. Free on PS plus this month i think. So so so addictive. GET IT.

Guacamelee I didnt give enough time and I regret deleting it as I'll have to start all over again, that said I wasnt too far in to it. What I played was good but quite difficult I thought. I'll definately go back to it as its pretty much critically acclaimed.

Littlebigplanet Vita really showed us how good a lbp game could be and it didnt get anywhere near the praise or acclaim that it deserved. Its the best in the series making proper use of the touch pad. No tacked on controls here. Just innovation.

Leading on from LBP the same studio came up with Tearaway and yes its fantastic. I'm going to go back to it soon to spend some more time with it outside of the main campaign which is great but short. Plenty more to do though.

I think the only big one your missing on that list is Gravity Rush. Its the most interesting game on the Vita as in it different. Its not a convential game. Kind of its own genre. Bits of platforming, adventure and fighting enemies. Takes a bit of getting in to but definately one of the best games on the console. Beautiful to look at, great music that you'll be humming away to and gameplay for the most part is very good and different. Slightly dodgy lock on targeting system lets it down but aside from that its a must play imo.
    I for one can not wait for its sequel.

You could do what I'm doing which is just play games that you get on PS plus. So far I've only bought Tearaway as I couldnt wait for it on PS plus and Hotline Miami as it was on sale for €2 or something stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I think the only big one your missing on that list is Gravity Rush.

I left it out as he said he has some PS+ games and assumed that was one, but yes, you are right, Gravity Rush is awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I left it out as he said he has some PS+ games and assumed that was one, but yes, you are right, Gravity Rush is awesome.

Yup I have Gravity rush, just have to download it onto the new card now. Payday tomorrow and lots of the above mentioned games are in the sale so happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

My bad.
    jonny24ie wrote: »
    Yup I have Gravity rush, just have to download it onto the new card now. Payday tomorrow and lots of the above mentioned games are in the sale so happy days :)

Yeah youre getting it at a great time. Great little console for a cheap price. I play it a lot more than I thought I would. So many possibilities between PS4 remote play, Vita exclusives, Indies and of course the massive back catalogues of PS titles.

My bad.

Yeah youre getting it at a great time. Great little console for a cheap price. I play it a lot more than I thought I would. So many possibilities between PS4 remote play, Vita exclusives, Indies and of course the massive back catalogues of PS titles.

Remote play is very good, had it running last night but cant get it to run on the wifi in work just yet. I need to ask the networks lad to open a few ports haha

So far I have been mainly setting up my games I got with it and my freebies. I have loads to look at this evening when I get home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Persona 4
    Ys: Memories of Celceta
    Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
    Conception 2
    Hotline Miami
    Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
    Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland
    Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
    Muramasa Rebirth
    Fez

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'll think of some later but one I haven't seen mentioned is Wipeout.

It was on plus a good bit ago. Lot of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Xenji wrote: »
    Persona 4
    Ys: Memories of Celceta
    Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
    Conception 2
    Hotline Miami
    Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
    Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland
    Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
    Muramasa Rebirth
    Fez

The first 3 alone will keep you occupied for quite a while... hell, Persona took me the best part of 90 hours. And I'd played it before so knew what I was doing!

Advertisement