Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook Stores

Options
  • 09-04-2014 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi - i'm looking into setting up a Facebook Store - found one place called 'Storeya' which seems reasonable.

Just looking for a bit of advice from anyone who has set up a Facebook Store - do you generate many sales from it or is it worthwhile ? Do people really buy from Facebook Business Pages ?

Any advice or tips or recommendations would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Completely depends on what you are selling. Facebook works really well for us and generates a lot of sales we don't have a Facebook shop but it drives a lot of people to our website and B&M shop. I think with the right product range and a decent advertising campaign you could get a reasonable revenue from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭lea26

Thanks for your reply

i am selling personalised gifts and about 90% of orders are already through facebook ... so am trying to find out if people buy things through Facebook. I'm not on it personally (only have a business page) so i don't know too much about it...at the moment.

Might be a stupid question but what's a B&M Shop ?? :o

Brick & Mortar as in a real shop! I don't see why people wouldn't buy directly on Facebook most people just use Facebook to drive people to their online store you are just cutting out a click for people really.

thanks :) think i'll just try one out for a few weeks before i invest in a website

lea26 wrote: »
    thanks :) think i'll just try one out for a few weeks before i invest in a website

Yeh worth doing. Be sure to come back and report on how you got on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ciaraha

Hi

I'm just wondering if you tried out the Storeya Facebook App to sell through Facebook?

I was looking into it, along with many other Facebook shop apps, and was wondering if it is any good.

Thanks

Hi :) no i havent yet set one up yet as i havent had time...but i am hoping to set one up shortly in order to get prepared for Christmas , i'll post about it when i do :)

i have heard of another one which is supposed to be good 'tictail' i think its called .......i'm going to check that one out too ....

at the moment i am posting pictures on my facebook business page and sending paypal invoices to email address - this works quite well for now

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

lea26 wrote: »
    Hi :) no i havent yet set one up yet as i havent had time...but i am hoping to set one up shortly in order to get prepared for Christmas , i'll post about it when i do :)

i have heard of another one which is supposed to be good 'tictail' i think its called .......i'm going to check that one out too ....

at the moment i am posting pictures on my facebook business page and sending paypal invoices to email address - this works quite well for now
    v interested in how you get on - keep us updated!

Advertisement