Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lanzarote

Options
  • 09-04-2014 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi All,

Heading to playa blanca for a week in the sun in a few weeks time,

love the place but never trained while over their, so this time i am packing my Running Shoes, and looking @ renting a bike for a Day to do some hill cycling.

so my question is where can i rent a bike in Playa Blanca ? and do there be group cycling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

Magma bikes - http://magmabikescanarias.com/ (near Rubicon Marina)
    Renner bikes - http://www.lanzarotebikehire.com/en/company.html

Both are excellent. Magma do guided MTB trips, quite reasonable. Well worth it to see parts of the center of the island you wouldn't normally. Can't remember if they do road also.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

might want to check, but i think the renner bikes in PB is closed, and they only have the puerto del carmen branch. can recommend them though, used them last year and very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Has Renner bikes moved? Friends were there a couple of weeks ago and the shop wasn't open. If still there, I'd highly recommend them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

Thanks for that i leave it off so, not going to Travel to puerto del carmen just to rent a bike was hoping there was some where local.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭TOLLOT

just back from a few days over there. I think it would be a pity not to take advantage of the great cycling there . I hired a bike from renner bikes, they dropped it to the hotel in Playa Blanca.
    lots of quiet roads and great surfaces . the loop out of Playa Blanca over to El Golfo along the coast there and up towards Timonfaya is a great spin . Up Femmes if you want do some climbing .
    lots good options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭GryKyo

I had a very nice Merida Ride 94 carbon framed bike from Renner's a few weeks ago (Paddy's week). €20 per day hired from Renner's Puerto Del Carmen shop but I am sure they can sort you out from Playa Blanca shop too.

I sent them an excel from a bike fit I had done here in Ireland and I think they built up a new bike from their new 2014 stock to my measurements! The bike was brand spanking new and they threw in the pedals foc also. I just brought shoes.

Cycling there is so great. Yes, everywhere is UP and the wind is always strong and in your face leaving Playa Blanca but the visibility on the roads for both bikes and cars is amazing with nothing growing taller than a few inches. Hills are long and steep but that applies to coming back down too :)

If the Playa Blanca shop is closed, contact Marjorie (she spells it the Spanish way which is not that way by the way!) and ask her to drop the bike to your apts. They have a van and will recover you also if something untoward happens. I asked her for a second inner tube when I collected the bike and she said I would be waaaaay unlucky if I needed two tubes, pointed at the phone number on the big green sticker on the cross-bar and said to call her!

Renner's gets my vote

G

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

Just to clarify, Magma bikes are in Playa Blanca.
    As the others have mentioned, Renner are also good.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

GryKyo wrote: »
    I had a very nice Merida Ride 94 carbon framed bike from Renner's a few weeks ago (Paddy's week). €20 per day hired from Renner's Puerto Del Carmen shop but I am sure they can sort you out from Playa Blanca shop too.

I sent them an excel from a bike fit I had done here in Ireland and I think they built up a new bike from their new 2014 stock to my measurements! The bike was brand spanking new and they threw in the pedals foc also. I just brought shoes.

Cycling there is so great. Yes, everywhere is UP and the wind is always strong and in your face leaving Playa Blanca but the visibility on the roads for both bikes and cars is amazing with nothing growing taller than a few inches. Hills are long and steep but that applies to coming back down too :)

If the Playa Blanca shop is closed, contact Marjorie (she spells it the Spanish way which is not that way by the way!) and ask her to drop the bike to your apts. They have a van and will recover you also if something untoward happens. I asked her for a second inner tube when I collected the bike and she said I would be waaaaay unlucky if I needed two tubes, pointed at the phone number on the big green sticker on the cross-bar and said to call her!

Renner's gets my vote

G

Thanks for the info, being away for a while down in Dingle doing a bit of Cycling. Love the Area great Cycle around the peninsula.

Advertisement