Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post problem

Options
  • 09-04-2014 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi everyone,
    I've recently ordered a book from an online bookshop and it was shipped to me from India. The bookshop gave me the tracking N. And on the an post page it says that my package has been received and is in Dublin Mail Center, D12.

I live in D6. How long will it take before it reaches my local post office? And was I supposed to get any special notification or only the one when the book will be ready to collect?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Gets checked through customs at the mail center at D12 afaik. I recently ordered headphones from Singapore and they were delivered the next day after being checked in at the mail center in D12.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Just_Yana

cunnifferous,
    Thanks. It looks like mine has been in D12 for 3 days already ... Hopefully they'll get it to me asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

3 days is quite long we have a lot of stuff coming through and its rare for it to not be next day or at least the day after.

jimmii,
    I contacted customer service about my problem, but they haven't answered yet. On the webpage it says: 6-Apr-14 location: Dublin Mail Center, D12 9-Apr-14 location: Dublin Mail Center, D12

The post office has never contacted me in the first place, so if I haven't got all worried myself, I would have never found out. It happened to me earlier this year. The book has never arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moved from Dublin City to Consumer Issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Just_Yana wrote: »
    jimmii,
    I contacted customer service about my problem, but they haven't answered yet. On the webpage it says: 6-Apr-14 location: Dublin Mail Center, D12 9-Apr-14 location: Dublin Mail Center, D12

The post office has never contacted me in the first place, so if I haven't got all worried myself, I would have never found out. It happened to me earlier this year. The book has never arrived.

Does any of the tracking say if Item is in customs or anything similar, because if handed to customs it should say it.

What other info can you see in the tracking?

You can try calling them on 1850575859 or 017057600

nava wrote: »
    Does any of the tracking say if Item is in customs or anything similar, because if handed to customs it should say it.

What other info can you see in the tracking?

You can try calling them on 1850575859 or 017057600

No. It only says "Current information: Item received location: Dublin Mail Center, Dublin 12 Date: 09-Apr-14 08:32"

Absolutely the same in Item History
    with dates 09-Apr-14 and 06-Apr-14

Thanks for the Ns, will try to call them.

Advertisement