Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sziget festival budapest travel buddies

Options
  • 09-04-2014 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Two irish 24 year old females travelling to sziget festival in budapest August 2014. We are looking for people who are also going to travel to budapest or anybody who is interested in going and has nobody to travel with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Kentish

Hey guys...Im prob heading to this festival with a few mates once we can confirm work off.....have you ever been to it?? Cant wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Johnspar

Hey guys, we will be flying from Dub on the 10th to sziget. Tickets all booked. We went with the VIP option and pre pitched tents because it is going to be a long week and the added comfort in VIP sounds good. Haven't been before but I've only heard good things. 6 of us in total going. 6 of us in total going

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Kentish

Just booked myself..went for the 5 day ticket!! Going to book an apartment in Budapest! Cant make the full week... cant wait for it!! Looks like an excellent line up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Kentish wrote: »
    Just booked myself..went for the 5 day ticket!! Going to book an apartment in Budapest! Cant make the full week... cant wait for it!! Looks like an excellent line up :)

I went to two days of it last year. Stayed in apartment in city and got the train in and out each day. So handy. Great weather and really relaxed festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Anybody know where you can buy a tent, sleeping mat, outdoor chair etc. in budapest? Does it have a website?

• Advertisement

Yeah galwaygirl there's 4 of us going over - 28year old dublin lads. What days you going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Two irish 24 year old females travelling to sziget festival in budapest August 2014. We are looking for people who are also going to travel to budapest or anybody who is interested in going and has nobody to travel with.

Any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Hey guys! Went last year so if youve any questions fire away!
    GiftofGab wrote: »
    Anybody know where you can buy a tent, sleeping mat, outdoor chair etc. in budapest? Does it have a website?

Theres a big hypermarket walking distance from the site itself - we picked up chairs, gazebos etc. there. As for tents, there probably were some there, but I just picked mine up in a sports shop in the city centre, in the Corvin Plaza shopping centre (right at the stop on the metro "Corvin-Negyed".

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Br1anC89

Is everyone that is going flying directly or is anyone flying into Prague or any cities and getting a train from there??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Flying to Budapest and then returning via Bratislava.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Guys and Gals desperately trying to find a VIP upgrade for SZIGET.....any one got a ticket???? or know how to get one.

They are all sold out I think

Now decided to fly to Frankfurt and drive from there. Anyone know of any good towns/cities inbetween to stop for a night?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Firefly1950

Just went looking at flights to Bp they're absolutely through the nose! How is anyone else going? We are looking to flights Poland and train or rent a car. Seems a bit of a handling so I'd like to see what other heads are at?!

Just went looking at flights to Bp they're absolutely through the nose! How is anyone else going? We are looking to flights Poland and train or rent a car. Seems a bit of a handling so I'd like to see what other heads are at?!

Flights to Frankfurt were 150 return. Then 350 to rent car for 12 days. Going on the 8th nd returning on 20th. Cost of car divided between 5 of us. Know a few that are flying to Bratislava nd then getting the train from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Br1anC89

There's about 5 of us flying in and out from Prague a couple of days before and after and getting a 7 hour train there and back. €220 for Ryanair flights to Prague with a bag and I think it's €20 each way for the train. I've never been to Prague either so good way to start the holiday!

Few questions myself:
    -Are most people bringing tents and stuff or are you planning on buying it over there?

-Where is the best place to set up camp? Near beach? Mainstage? Entrance?

-Is it easy enough to sneak in spirits into the festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pato2005

Am going there too, have you found anyone from england going there?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

I will be travelling out on the weekend of the 9th or 10th on my own depending on the cheapest flights. Meeting up with a group over there.

Just looking online....the prices of tents in Budapest in enormous. Like €80 for the cheapest tent. I know you can rent a tent at sziget for €80 too in which you get €20 back once you return it. I think ill just buy a tent in ireland and bring it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 burn_simon

Br1anC89 wrote: »
    There's about 5 of us flying in and out from Prague a couple of days before and after and getting a 7 hour train there and back. €220 for Ryanair flights to Prague with a bag and I think it's €20 each way for the train. I've never been to Prague either so good way to start the holiday!

Few questions myself:
    -Are most people bringing tents and stuff or are you planning on buying it over there?

-Where is the best place to set up camp? Near beach? Mainstage? Entrance?

-Is it easy enough to sneak in spirits into the festival?

Me and my girlfriend are heading. Was there twice before. Its risky enough to try and sneak drink in. they check your bags and sometimes if you had a bottle on mineral or something they would have a sniff of it to make sure its not alcohol so i wouldnt risk it. As for camping, last time we found a nice shaded place under some trees. walk around and try and find somewhere thats not too loud, close to toilets/water etc for handiness. We're bringing all our own camping gear. Im sure you can get stuff there but Id take my own just to be safe. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RicktheBadger

We've a group of 5 heading over! (2 guys - 3 girls) all 21! Planning on hitting the bath party on the 9th Before sziget! Anyone know of any good hostels?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

We've a group of 5 heading over! (2 guys - 3 girls) all 21! Planning on hitting the bath party on the 9th Before sziget! Anyone know of any good hostels?

Budapest Bubble was voted the #2 best small hostel in the world in the 2014 Hoscars and I recommended this to a fellow boardsie a while back and they messaged me later thanking me for the suggestion as it was such a great place. I didn't stay there myself but I've stayed in other hostels on the list and have never gone wrong.

When I was in Budapest myself a couple of years ago, I stayed in Wombats City Hostel (ironically #1 on the best extra large hostels). No problems with it, nice spot and is actually a converted 5 star hotel. So I reckon you should be good with either of those choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ciandurkan

Hey, there's a group of nine of us (23 year old lads) going over for the week. I was over there in 2011, cannot wait to go back! We're getting to Budapest the night before and heading out that night in Budapest, if anyone is up for meeting up with us that night let us know!

I have a weekly camping pass and a VIP upgrade for sale. PM me if you are interested. Can meet in Budapest a day or two before

Advertisement