Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Build my own Games PC

• 09-04-2014 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all

I am 15 and I would like to build my own Games PC and I would like some suggestions from enthusiasts and experienced games developers for what the best Mother board and graphics card I would need.
    How much Ram would be required to start out with and the software that I could use....Thanks for your help.

RevRam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

Are you looking to build a computer to play or develop games on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

RevRam wrote: »
    Hi all

I am 15 and I would like to build my own Games PC and I would like some suggestions from enthusiasts and experienced games developers for what the best Mother board and graphics card I would need.
    How much Ram would be required to start out with and the software that I could use....Thanks for your help.

RevRam

I would post here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

It has to be one of the best and most helpful forums on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RevRam

Hi Kilgore__Trout

I'm looking to build a computer from scratch? any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks Rev Ram

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

I'd be inclined to follow witnessmenow's advice and check out the system building forum. I'm not really very current with hardware, only read up when I'm in the market for a new computer.

The only thing I wanted to say was if you are building a new computer for the express purpose of game development, you might find it isn't necessary. In many cases, an old computer is fine for development. Mine is 4 years old, and it does the job : )

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RevRam

Thanks Kilgore__Trout for your advise...Cheers RevRam

• Advertisement
Advertisement