Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vhost Limit

Options
  • 09-04-2014 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. Please feel free to move if so.

I recently noticed that my current hosting with Blacknight has a Vhost limit of 50. Can anyone give me any insight into roughly how many users this translates to (Have forum, several pages, product trailer, screenshots, product download)?

There is a potential for short bursts of high volume use on my website, and I'm a little concerned. Even with the maximus package, the limited is 150, which may not be enough in these high activity periods. Do all hosting providers have such strict limits for the number of people that can connect to your website?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Please remember the charter:
    Web Hosting
    1. Questions about specific web hosting companies or how to use their services aren't allowed.
    2. Looking for recommendations or suggestions for a web host are also prohibited.
    Thread closed (and we don't really have a forum where this question could be answered anyway because the prohibition on hosting questions is pretty much site-wide).
    If you want to ask a competely generic question regarding how vhosts, websites and users relate, try the Servers&Systems forum, but do not bring the hosting provider aspect up please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement