Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I do now?

Options
  • 09-04-2014 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Right so, I'm unsure what to do in this situation.

I sent my notice to terminate lease by registered post on Friday. By chance I checked the status on 'An Post' this afternoon. On Monday the delivery was unsuccessful and is currently still sitting in the depot uncollected. Tomorrow is the third working day, and last which it can be collected.

I am also within the 35 days notice to terminate my lease, and as it stands the agent has not received notice. Should I pop another copy in his office door tonight , along with a note stating the above? Or will the agent be at fault for not collecting it?

My only worry is being screwed over on the last months rent and the agent claiming I did not give sufficient notice - which I did have on Monday.

What would you do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    Right so, I'm unsure what to do in this situation.

I sent my notice to terminate lease by registered post on Friday. By chance I checked the status on 'An Post' this afternoon. On Monday the delivery was unsuccessful and is currently still sitting in the depot uncollected. Tomorrow is the third working day, and last which it can be collected.

I am also within the 35 days notice to terminate my lease, and as it stands the agent has not received notice. Should I pop another copy in his office door tonight , along with a note stating the above? Or will the agent be at fault for not collecting it?

My only worry is being screwed over on the last months rent and the agent claiming I did not give sufficient notice - which I did have on Monday.

What would you do?

tough one... assuming you kept the . receipt from an post maybe pop a copy in with a copy of the receipt. odd they have not had the letter unless the postman delivers very early and even then they will have had notification.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Graces7 wrote: »
    tough one... assuming you kept the . receipt from an post maybe pop a copy in with a copy of the receipt. odd they have not had the letter unless the postman delivers very early and even then they will have had notification.

Thanks, putting a copy of the receipt in Is a good idea. Might drop that off tonight so at least if and when he opens it tomorrow he will still be able to collect it until tomorrow evening.

Advertisement