Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11811 costs

Options
  • 09-04-2014 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Recently had cause to use the 11811 service and checking my bill just now there are two charges for each use. One is A) Directory Enq Nat and there is also a (B) Dir Enq call setup. Now i presume that A is the cost of the initial call but what is B? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Rockfish wrote: »
    Recently had cause to use the 11811 service and checking my bill just now there are two charges for each use. One is A) Directory Enq Nat and there is also a (B) Dir Enq call setup. Now i presume that A is the cost of the initial call but what is B? 
    Hi Rockfish,

When you contact 11811 you would initially be charged for charge A. You then have the option of being redirected to the number you are requesting. If you are then transferred through then there would be an additional charge B.

Thanks,

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Hi Rockfish,

When you contact 11811 you would initially be charged for charge A. You then have the option of being redirected to the number you are requesting. If you are then transferred through then there would be an additional charge B.

Thanks,

Tony
    But i did not ask to be put through, i specifically made this clear. How can i follow this up? Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

I did a mistake when calling the number for breakdown assistance in the middle of the night.. i asked the operator connect me, and this was the result in my bill

09 Apr 2014 01:16 00:17:18 Meteor 11811 €15.2927

I find this very very expensive :( Well, now i have learned my lesson..

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Is there any chance one of the eircom reps could answer my query?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Rockfish,

Thanks,

Tony
    But i did not ask to be put through, i specifically made this clear. How can i follow this up? Thank You

Hi Rockfish

Apologies for the delay,

In the case of where you just ask for the number the agent you speak to then switches you to an automated voice which reads out the number you are seeking and asks you to press 1 if you would like to be connected.

However,

If in the case the transfer option is chosen - Before being transferred the number you are seeking is called out by an automated voice and there is also a message stating up 2.2 cent per second from eircom landlines and may cost more from other operators where you would then have the option to prevent the transfer before it occurs by hanging up. This measure is in place to offer the caller the cost of the transfer as well as the number they are seeking before continuing with the transfer.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement