Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 7), April 11-13, 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I've already given up on Derry playing any attacking, exciting, free-flowing football this season under Roddy, but if ever there was a game for us to open up and create chances, surely it must be Friday night (no disrespect Athlone fans).

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Missing the game against Limerick, but hoping for 3 points. They haven't had the best start to the season. Then again, we haven't been setting the world alight either. Clean sheet would be extra nice.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Hoping for a Davoren winner in the 90th minute :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

My relatively easy trip to see the Youths. More of a must not lose than a must win, anything that keeps us within arms-reach of a play-off place is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Cant be arsed going all the way to Cork. Already know the outcome. We'll dominate the game and lose one nil.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    Hoping for a Davoren winner in the 90th minute :pac:
    Expect him to be gone off injured long before that.

Can see the reason we let him go but its a pity that ledwith, his replacement, looks to be so poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Hopefully another big crowd at The Cross on Friday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hopefully another big crowd at The Cross on Friday :)

Would expect around 4,000, maybe little more.

We got 2,750 for Bray, so with it being Sligo and after last week, it should be another decent crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Big game down in Galway for us, would love to see us win but would happily take a draw now! Should be a good crowd travelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not expecting anything from United Park, but you never know with Bray at the moment. A draw would be good, a surprise win would be great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Home form has been fairly dreadful for a long time. Need to badly improve it and don't see why we can't go out and beat Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭compo1

I want a dry evening at the Cross this time. My clothes are still drenched after last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Would expect around 4,000, maybe little more.

We got 2,750 for Bray, so with it being Sligo and after last week, it should be another decent crowd.
    There will be little over 3,000 at it. The build up to this game has been almost non-existant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Big game down in Galway for us, would love to see us win but would happily take a draw now! Should be a good crowd travelling.

You coming down for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Mars Bar wrote: »
    You coming down for it?

Will indeed, have limited myself to 4 half days from work for this season for aways and this is one of them. Good few of us getting the train down and staying down there for the night and then there's two buses as well. Should be a healthy enough away support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

frimpong wrote: »
    There will be little over 3,000 at it. The build up to this game has been almost non-existant.

I reckon 3500 and we'll be doing well. No matter who the game is against, it was always going to be hard to follow last week, and the fact we have 4 home games in April means alot of people will pick and choose the games they go to. 15 quid a week for 4 weeks straight is alot to some, especially if you have to bring kids along. And Sligo isnt really a pull either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

CHealy wrote: »
    And Sligo isnt really a pull either.

Ouch.

anncoates wrote: »
    Ouch.
    We're relegation candidates playing **** football. We don't draw a crowd to our own ground. Don't expect us to draw a crowd elsewhere.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    We're relegation candidates playing **** football.

I'd be very surprised if you're not in the top four this year. What you've been saying is true though. I thought we deserved to win overall in Tallaght but you couldn't put your chances away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Someone posted up a stat on the Bohs forum regarding our home record since 2012 and it doesn't make for pretty reading.

Played: 35
    Won: 8
    Drew: 11
    Lost: 16

Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Has Rice been playing for Longford?

anncoates wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if you're not in the top four this year. What you've been saying is true though. I thought we deserved to win overall in Tallaght but you couldn't put your chances away.
    I'd be very surprised if we were. North out tomorrow means an almost definite loss since we can't keep a clean sheet either. Greene up front is our only hope of getting anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

AgileMyth wrote: »
    We're relegation candidates playing **** football. We don't draw a crowd to our own ground. Don't expect us to draw a crowd elsewhere.

You wouldn't be a historically big club either though, so it's only really be a currently successful Sligo away team who would draw the home fans out for the big game feel. Don't even mean that in a sneering way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

My relatively easy trip to see the Youths. More of a must not lose than a must win, anything that keeps us within arms-reach of a play-off place is good.
    haha hows the milage going?! in fairness if we want to keep challenging we need to start picking up wins in the home games after draws to waterford/galway. Keating back this week so will have some bite up front this week
    CSF wrote: »
    You wouldn't be a historically big club either though, so it's only really be a currently successful Sligo away team who would draw the home fans out for the big game feel. Don't even mean that in a sneering way.
    given the constantly changing team at the top in the LOI i think that could nearly be applied to all clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Considering taking Cork at 11/8 tomorrow. I am justifying betting against my own team because it will refund me the money I have paid to watch that sh*te in the showgrounds so far this season.

11/8 is a crazy price. If we get anything with Maguire/Odhiambo in the team it'll be a miracle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

dfx- wrote: »
    Has Rice been playing for Longford?

Played against us (Wexford) anyway.
    overshoot wrote: »
    haha hows the milage going?! in fairness if we want to keep challenging we need to start picking up wins in the home games after draws to waterford/galway. Keating back this week so will have some bite up front this week

Currently at 2,490km after 5 weeks.

overshoot wrote: »
    given the constantly changing team at the top in the LOI i think that could nearly be applied to all clubs

Except largely the historically big clubs. Shamrock Rovers unfortunately the prime example. You care about your home game against them even if they're doing crap. I like to think we are similar enough but to a lesser extent, my experience of us at our worst last season indicated that to be the case anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Surely the "draw" for CCFC fans is to see our team top of the table and solidifying our position? I expect 4000+ again. Hope the weather is not as monsoon like as last week.

gimmick wrote: »
    Surely the "draw" for CCFC fans is to see our team top of the table and solidifying our position? I expect 4000+ again. Hope the weather is not as monsoon like as last week.

There's still going to be a massive contrast between the home attendance at Bray or UCD and that of Rovers or Pats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

True. As shown by the relatively small crowd for Bray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

2,750 at Cork v Bray is not bad in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bolger and Brennan available for tomorrow. Should be an interesting game thank god its not on tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Great to hear that a few Shels fans are travelling, thought there might.

You would almost forget what an atmosphere is like being in the First Division at times.

Hoping for a good crowd from ourside of things, maybe 1300-1500 and hopefully not a loss. Although there are doubts over two of our most influential players (Martin Conneely and Ryan Connolly), hopefully both will be fit.

Just leave that there.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Should be an interesting game thank god its not on tv.

Won't be pretty, I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Expecting another defeat tonight, Derry to pout at least 3 past us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Raf32 wrote: »

If they play like they did against Dundalk you might have a chance. Probably the worst Derry side I've ever seen.

Dundalk should have too much for UCD tonight. We are on a good run of form and should be able to rest a few players. If UCD try and play football against us we could stuff them.

Raf32 wrote: »

Have you seen us play?

Roddy will probably play for a 1-0 victory with a counter-attack.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

NIMAN wrote: »
    Have you seen us play?

Your lot were awful against Dundalk alright but I seen the game against Drogheda and they were pretty decent and probably deserved to win that game. Derry have also had the toughest start possible so far in the league playing Cork, Dundalk, Sligo, Shamrock Rovers, Pats and Drogs. Would expect Derry to pick up a few points in the next four or five games.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Have you seen us play?

somethings gotta give, i think it will be the worst team in the league though, 0-0 , point for both teams, happy out :pac:

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Your lot were awful against Dundalk alright but I seen the game against Drogheda and they were pretty decent and probably deserved to win that game. Derry have also had the toughest start possible so far in the league playing Cork, Dundalk, Sligo, Shamrock Rovers, Pats and Drogs. Would expect Derry to pick up a few points in the next four or five games.

Admittedly we had a hard start, deserved a point v Rovers, finally beat Sligo after 6 years, deserved to beat Drogs, but overall it has been shocking football, especially at home where 95% of the fans see the team.

There are a lot of unhappy folk on the Derry forum, despite us being only 6 games in. Us Derry folk are notoriously impatient with managers, but its more the style of play and hoofball thats bugging most.

Of course if we get 5 victories in the next 5 games, which might well happen, things might swing around a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Athlone 0-1 up at the Brandywell! #Dare2Dream :p

Omackeral wrote: »
    Athlone 0-1 up at the Brandywell! #Dare2Dream :p

That dream didnt last long :( :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

0-0 half time in dalymount.

Fairly turgid stuff from all involved so far.

Pats denied a stonewall peno then gifted the most atrocious peno ever, byrne sent off for a decent tackle.

As with last week not gonna moan about the **** refs in the league as both teams have to deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

By the sounds of it, Galway were the most threatening of the two teams but have gone and conceded a 93rd minute goal to Shels. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

1-0 Rovers down in Cork!

Own goal. Still can't score ourselves.

Cork penalty in extra time...

Dennehy converts it..

1-1 93'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Mars Bar wrote: »
    By the sounds of it, Galway were the most threatening of the two teams but have gone and conceded a 93rd minute goal to Shels. :mad:

Please don't take it in any offensive way, but...if it's true (since Extratime stopped working after 87 minutes), then........

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jeffery lebowski

Jeez We (Sligo) can't buy a break this season - Killer late goals now against Cork and Dundalk. But you make your own luck they say

Spillane that gave away the penalty. Should be left there. Thats twice hes cost us points.

• Advertisement
Advertisement