Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Interview for Physical Education (LM090)

Options
  • 09-04-2014 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just found out that I've been invited to interview for the Physical Education (LM090) course in May. I have posted this in the mature student forum but said I'd also post it here in case any mature students currently on the course don't go on to that forum anymore. If anyone could offer any insight into the interview process for this course it was be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

Hi Ross I'm just wondering what preparation did you put in when applying for PE as a mature student? as I intend to apply for entry to the course next year myself, Also congratulations on being selected for the interview stage which is a massive acomplishment in itself considering how competitive it is to get into PE teaching!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ross1986

Hi Ross I'm just wondering what preparation did you put in when applying for PE as a mature student? as I intend to apply for entry to the course next year myself, Also congratulations on being selected for the interview stage which is a massive acomplishment in itself considering how competitive it is to get into PE teaching!

Hi Mascherano,

I'm a qualified Neuromuscular & Physical Therapist and Personal Trainer so I have covered quite a bit of Anatomy, Physiology, Nutrition, etc which would have helped. I also work as a fitness coach in a local gym so I'm guessing that would have played a part in my selection for interview. I also have experience working in summer camps with young kids. I was looking back over my personal statement yesterday and realised that (unintentionally) I answered a lot of the questions that mature students get asked at interview stage.

If I was you (and this is one thing I don't have), I would see if you could shadow a PE Teacher in your local school as it will look good on your application. I know this might be easier said than done due to insurance reasons, etc. Any coaching experience will benefit you.

Looking back, I actually could have made my application a bit better but I believe it was my personal statement that swung it for me so put as much effort into that as possible.

Advertisement